Recent content by fragalot

  1. F

    Microsoft May Face $8.5B in Damages for ‘Vista Capable’ Case

    I didn't read the post above here, but it's from a reputable member, and pretty long, with big letters in it, so i'm assuming it's a nice post and i agree with it. By reading this message, you agree that you agree to the above aswell.
  2. F

    Confessions of an ex Windows user

    I havent' managed to get my vista laptop to share with my sisters XP laptop either, yet samba does it just fine. (Vista x86 home premium) as for the prefetch, I do that too on my gentoo lappy, as i don't see why you shouldn't use the ram you've bought... I even use the ram as the temporary...
  3. F

    8gb, Vista 64, recently showing only 6.9gb

    jstenuf, note that that's pretty much always the case. there are parts of the ram that windows either just can't access, or are simply unavailable for use.
  4. F

    take a look at this Downandup/Conficker worm infects 9 million PCs

    See, a LOT of people don't know it can be switched off,. I mean, the sysadmins at my dads work didn't even know you could run dualscreen, which didn't just clone the output, or people that don't know you can enable showing the file extension all the time, or that IDE drives need fiddlin' with...
  5. F

    1,474 Megapixel Inauguration Picture

    I think I just saw steve balmer making out with bill gates there.
  6. F

    Microsoft Posts Weak Earnings, Cutting 5,000 Jobs

    see, ithe people they fired are the ones that were responsible for Vista.
  7. F

    EU Accuses Microsoft of Curbing Web Browser Rivalry

    That eaquals the problem that, in my eyes, to make UAC secure, is that the USER has to initiate the level change process. not the application. that alone would solve so much possible issues.
  8. F

    EU Accuses Microsoft of Curbing Web Browser Rivalry

    techie, it does so by pretending to be part of the system, by taking a process over that's supposed to ask the user to do something. :rolleyes: I don't think it's supposed to even be able to do that, yet it does :(
  9. F

    EU Accuses Microsoft of Curbing Web Browser Rivalry

    couldn't find the edit button, sorry
  10. F

    EU Accuses Microsoft of Curbing Web Browser Rivalry

    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/7842013.stm WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW!? Discuss.
  11. F

    EU Accuses Microsoft of Curbing Web Browser Rivalry

    I live in belgium.... What is this...government thing you mention?? :rolleyes:
  12. F

    EU Accuses Microsoft of Curbing Web Browser Rivalry

    Yeah, lol.. Must be running on windows server...
Back
Top