Recent content by Floor_of_late

  1. F

    Is 10gb VRAM really enough for 1440p?

    Like I said, the VRAM usage between 4K and 1440p is not as big as u might think, and def not the same as 1080p to 1440p for example. 1440p is still heavy on the VRAM The 3070 uses GDDR6 and 8 GB, which in today's standards, is DOA from day 1. 12 GB on the 3080 would been perfectly fine IMO.
  2. F

    Is 10gb VRAM really enough for 1440p?

    k like I said, some want or can afford to grab a high end GPU every 2 years, some simply dont want to, or cannot. Even though I can afford it, I will still not do it. My GPU has to last 4 years at a minimum, up tp 5 years. I dont like the idea of swapping a GPU every couple of years, deal with...
  3. F

    Is 10gb VRAM really enough for 1440p?

    Believe it or not, am not 100% decided, but leaning towards the 3080ti / 6800xt. Right now I would give the 3080 a 40% purchase decision, and 80% for the 3080ti / 6800xt
  4. F

    Is 10gb VRAM really enough for 1440p?

    RT and 4K are known to require more VRAM, its not a question of maybe, its already a fact, based on many games, cards and game engines. Here are some VRAM usage stats: https://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/watch_dogs_legion_pc_graphics_performance_benchmark_review,9.html...
  5. F

    Is 10gb VRAM really enough for 1440p?

    Like I said, am not planning to keep a card for 2 years only. Why buy a powerful card like the 3080 or 6800xt just to get rid of it in 2 years? Well if that was the case, then yes, most cards sold today would be OK to keep for 2 years, even the 8GB on the 3070, which is a joke of a card, but...
  6. F

    Is 10gb VRAM really enough for 1440p?

    First of all, the next gen of GPU from Nvidia is gonna be 2 years from now. Waiting +- 3 months for a 3080ti when it releases and becomes available wont matter, because the 4080ti will take anyhow 2 years from whatever that date is. Thats the cycle. buying a $700 GPU every 2 years is a waste of...
  7. F

    Is 10gb VRAM really enough for 1440p?

    Well they trade blows depending on the game. Some have the 6800xt do better (even in lows), other games the 3080 does better. I dont think people who buy the 6800xt would trade with a 3080, for many reasons. worst case though, you can sell the 3080 and grab the 6800xt. I dont think 10 GB is...
  8. F

    Is 10gb VRAM really enough for 1440p?

    DLSS was meant Faster VRAM does not substitute VRAM capacity. Why do u think they are adding 20 GB on the 3080ti if 10 is enough? Just for giggles? Wasting memory? Marketing as well?
  9. F

    Will RTX 3090 stock get better?

    I have seen a lot more 3090s in stock recently. The 3080Ti might also add a lot of pressure on scalpers getting rid of their 3090s
  10. F

    Is 10gb VRAM really enough for 1440p?

    Thanks. First reply that looks like something I was looking for. Good to know, though I was told or read somewhere that the difference between 4K and 1440p is not as much as people think, maybe 1 GB VRAM less.
  11. F

    Is 10gb VRAM really enough for 1440p?

    Outperforming in GPU power is one thing, not having enough VRAM down the line in a year or more is a totally different thing. 10GB is enough for 4K? Sure, whatever makes you feel better I guess. Maybe for the games you play, def not for all games out there.
  12. F

    Is 10gb VRAM really enough for 1440p?

    Ah, you are one of those guys who spend $700 every 2 years on a GPU? Not everyone is like you though
  13. F

    Is 10gb VRAM really enough for 1440p?

    This thread sounds like a bunch of RTX fanboys not admitting their brand new GPUs shipping with 8/10 GB are not even enough. Time to close the thread indeed
  14. F

    Is 10gb VRAM really enough for 1440p?

    And yet, all these numbers seem to help ONLY with 4K, not 1440p. On average, the 3080 is either on a tie, or a bit slower than the 6800xt, so all things considered, that super-fast mem is only good for 4K. Ironically though, at 4K you would need MORE VRAM, not less. Guys playing 4K with a 3080...
  15. F

    Is 10gb VRAM really enough for 1440p?

    Doom Eternal, CyberPunk, many SIM games (MS Flight Sim), and many open-world games.
Back
Top