Recent content by Fixion

  1. F

    I built my first headphone amp

    My onboard nForce2 could barely drive my headphones when I was listening to music with lots of drums and bass, so I figured I needed a headphone amp. A few weeks ago I had to propose a project for class (EE255 Electronics 1 Lab) and design/build it for a semester project. So I designed a 3...
  2. F

    Logitech Driving Force Pro

    My room mate got one not too long ago so we could play GT3 (and GT4) properly. I played with it yesterday for the first time, it didn't feel like a refurb. I didn't even know it was a refurb until he told me he got it from this same site. So I bought one too :D. It feels like a really good...
  3. F

    Explorer.exe uses 100% of cpu (eats memory like mad) randomly.

    I was all good for about a day. But it just happened again. I caught explorer.exe using 314+MEGS of ram and 99% of the cpu. I don't have any active virus scanners installed. I don't really care about those 5 DSO exploits for IE, I never use IE, I use Firefox. Ranma_Sao - What Dr Watson...
  4. F

    Explorer.exe uses 100% of cpu (eats memory like mad) randomly.

    Are you talking about the video card or the motherboar drivers? I have an ATI 9800 Pro, and an nForce 2 motherboard (ASUS A7N8X-Deluxe). I had a few different versions of the nvidia drivers on here, but right now I only have one on here (according to the control panel) + the Nvmixer utility...
  5. F

    Explorer.exe uses 100% of cpu (eats memory like mad) randomly.

    -Adaware found 2 instances of spyware (and fixed them). -SB S&D found 5 DSO exploits, and it said it fixed them. Then I scanned again, and they were still there. -I ran Hijack This, I didn't see anything unusual. -AVG found nothing unusual (scaned c:\ only) Well, that might have fixed it...
  6. F

    Explorer.exe uses 100% of cpu (eats memory like mad) randomly.

    For about 2 weeks now explorer.exe has been going crazy about 4-10 times a day. It only happens when I'm browsing a network share (sometimes with a lot of media in the shares, but not always). After a while (sometimes it takes longer than other times), I notice that my computer has slowed...
Back
Top