Recent content by felipaopl

  1. F

    Sound randomly drops/recovers volume

    Can't say for sure as I got mine recently and never used different drivers than the last set. So maybe this problem is not present in old versions. Or maybe it isn't a Prelude problem.
  2. F

    Sound randomly drops/recovers volume

    I've got the same problem with my Prelude and the latest RC8 drivers... are you using a Prelude too?
  3. F

    New Prelude drivers - DDL or DTS Connect?

    Title says all... which one has the best quality? I know that, in theory, DTS should be superior but... does this applies also for real time conversions from analog to digital audio like the job that the Prelude does?
  4. F

    5.1 onboard sound, receiver and PC Gaming

    So, here's what I've found so far concerning this problem... correct me if I'm wrong... Aparently, to be able to hear 5.1 analog sound coming from games through my digital SPDIF connection I need a "Dolby Digital Live" capable sound card. Basically what this is all about is converting the 5.1...
  5. F

    5.1 onboard sound, receiver and PC Gaming

    Oh, guess what... all the music samples encoded in Dolby Digital were played correctly here... :confused:
  6. F

    5.1 onboard sound, receiver and PC Gaming

    Ok, I'll test using some of those files later today and report back here. Thanks for the help :D
  7. F

    5.1 onboard sound, receiver and PC Gaming

    Hm, actually I wasn't able to do any tests with movies yet... is there a test sound file or something which I can use to see if this can be done without having a DVD with me here, right now? In any case, gaming-wise, it seems that my only option is to go analog...
  8. F

    5.1 onboard sound, receiver and PC Gaming

    Hm, but what about the Dolby Digital test which can be made using the settings of the audio device in Vista? I mean, here: In this test, the speakers are correctly tested (LF, Center, RF, LR, RR), and also my receiver shows "Dolby Digital" while it's being tested. Doesn't that means...
  9. F

    5.1 onboard sound, receiver and PC Gaming

    So, as the noob that I am, just finished my new gaming rig, and this time, I was expecting to play all my games in 5.1 using my receiver as the output device. To be able to do that, I thought that buying a mainboard (in this case, the Asus P5Q Deluxe) with integrated SPDIF optical output...
Back
Top