Recent content by fastedd27

  1. F

    OpenZFS NAS (BSD, Illumos, Linux, OSX, Solaris, Windows + Storage Spaces) with napp-it web-gui

    I recently came home from a work trip to find my server seemily up and running ( able to navigate on OI desktop) but no shares was available. I proceeded with a reboot and system would hang at boot up screen. I assumed that I had some sort of boot disk issue and installed OI on a fresh SSD. I...
  2. F

    Wireless Media Storage

    There are a variety of these available...I dont recall the models off hand..I had looked into this for the car as well. The limitation I ran into was that none of them had a way to remain connected to the internet. You can connect to the hdd wifi hotspot but then not have internet. If you can...
  3. F

    Need Advice - FreeNAS vs Napp-it for new 48 bay build

    Thanks for the prompt reply Gea! You always see to find me and give me a solid reply This got me thinking and made me realize that I fogot one very important goal for the system. A solid community for support when issues arise especially for us that are still a bit (or a lot) green on cli...
  4. F

    OmniOS creates core.smbd files in / (root) of filesystem - cause?

    might have better luck in this thread http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1573272 good luck mate
  5. F

    Need Advice - FreeNAS vs Napp-it for new 48 bay build

    Ive done some searching on both but all of the comparisons I have found involve old versions. Below is the gear I have for the build and what I'm needing the rig to handle. Build Gear MOBO: Supermicro X8DAH+-F CPU: 2x Intel Xeon CPU L5639 @ 2.13GHz RAM: 64GB CONTROLLERS...
  6. F

    Boot Failure - Openindiana w/ Napp-it - Full Root?

    Thanks to everyone that responded...solutions I found are below. The reason I kept coming to system maintenance login when using live disk is that I was using a usb dvd rom. Once I connected directly to a sata port i booted all the way into the live desktop. I was then able to delete a...
  7. F

    Boot Failure - Openindiana w/ Napp-it - Full Root?

    ok so I have kept working on this and could never get the live disk to boot to the desktop gui. When I attempt this with or without the root mirror attached i get the following and my old root login and password still work. I would attempt the beadm command but I dont know how to get to a...
  8. F

    Boot Failure - Openindiana w/ Napp-it - Full Root?

    bump... anyone out there have time to walk me through deleting a boot environment? Just need to free up some space so I can boot and backup really dont want to walk away from the sql database sitting on this root...too many months since a backup :(
  9. F

    Boot Failure - Openindiana w/ Napp-it - Full Root?

    Thanks for the reply! Tried the power off/on several times. I think the boot is ok... it was still running and usable until i rebooted...so I think I will try to free up some space. I assume that by boot environments you mean these Thats great if I can do that versus trying to dig...
  10. F

    Boot Failure - Openindiana w/ Napp-it - Full Root?

    Came home the other day to a Napp-it Gui that would not load. Login would appear but when i attempted I would get the following Set default permissions and reading disk and pool parameter, please wait.. in case of problems, try a reboot after Power-Off or check disk and pool status at CLI...
  11. F

    OpenIndiana ZFS w/nappit - Pool is on last leg... need some help

    So I think winging it on a prayer and some duct tape the past couple years has finally caught up to me. I have a bit of a Frankenstein monster for a media server and I always seem to pull it out in the last seconds with the help of this forum and google but its not looking good this time. I...
  12. F

    OpenZFS NAS (BSD, Illumos, Linux, OSX, Solaris, Windows + Storage Spaces) with napp-it web-gui

    I started my server with a mirrored array of 40gb drives and found that was insufficient. I have replaced one at a time with 500gb drives and have auto expand on, but cant seem to get it to expand. Is there a safe and not too painful way to facilitate this in napp-it? Thanks
  13. F

    OpenZFS NAS (BSD, Illumos, Linux, OSX, Solaris, Windows + Storage Spaces) with napp-it web-gui

    First Off Thank You Gea. I have been following this post and a few others here as I slowly grow my home media server. Its has gone from whs to win7 and now starting with OI. My current main server is using win7 with integrated intel raid, a rocketraid 2340 and an areca 1680 with HP...
  14. F

    HP SAS Expander Owner's Thread

    Kudos to SynergyDustin for the the expander and quick ship! I can't wait to fire this baby up!
Back
Top