Recent content by famo

  1. F

    To SLI or not to SLI, this is the question?

    Thanks for the reply. I am a little surprised that I cant stretch a 2D desktop in SLI across 2 monitors running off the primary card. When I finally get a third monitor I realise I'll need to go nonSLI but that was an expected compromise to gain screen acreage, but being stuck with one...
  2. F

    To SLI or not to SLI, this is the question?

    I am not an ultra performance enthusiast but I have put together a moderately old system that is intended to eventually run 3 monitors as my priority is ultimately screen acreage. Only the mildest OCing is intended so as to maximise limited performance without affecting stability or sending...
  3. F

    Internal Automatic Software Fan Controller

    Hootsmin, your idea of the TBan seems to have more potential than I originally granted you for. It does seem to be able to run from the motherboard sensor data provided by Speedfan or previously MBM5. The problem is getting it to do it. It requires firmware and software updates, USB driver...
  4. F

    Internal Automatic Software Fan Controller

    Promising lead Sniper_Merc. As I've still got a couple of boxes to try and quieten down I'm still open to advice about other automatic cooling options. The track I am seeming to be nudged down is the seperate sensor probe option rather than the original intention of using the already...
  5. F

    Internal Automatic Software Fan Controller

    Thanx muchly Down8 for the link to the CoolDrive6 software. I'll need to get the unit though to see how the aftermarket software operates. My apologies for the delay in replying, my system was hit by Azureus disappearing, CTRL-C,V not working in some IE7 pages, XP hanging on shutdown and...
  6. F

    Internal Automatic Software Fan Controller

    The T-Balance seems to come the closest to what I'm after but it still uses external (to the system) temp sensors. Even though its pretty expensive I've ordered one but wonder if its possible to have a take-off from the system somewhere to provide the temp data input the T-Balance would use...
  7. F

    Internal Automatic Software Fan Controller

    Thanks Down8 for the info and offer to buy but postage to Australia might be a bit prohibitive. Also the automatic bit is the important part, especially with my awareness challenged user population. What are the software hacks and how would they work to make it automatic with the existing...
  8. F

    Internal Automatic Software Fan Controller

    Thankyou Bill for your reply. I had looked at the fans you described but could see the feasiblity of a seperate PCB taking power from a Molex connecter and doing the voltage regulation/PWM control that the motherboard is incapable of, using sensors and data already available on the system...
  9. F

    Internal Automatic Software Fan Controller

    Hi guys, Have had success in the past with this forum answering my questions by just browsing as a guest. I now have a problem that this forum, or anything Google finds, can't help me with so I need to ask for specific help. (Go straight to "My Request" at the end for the short winded...
  10. F

    Speaker cloth as fan filter?

    Sorry!
  11. F

    Speaker cloth as fan filter?

    Hi guys, Just joined today to ask about a matter on another topic but saw this thread. I've been fan filtering for some while now on various computers on the home network and can say that the speaker cloth / pantyhose option has some benefits. While it is true that these filters don't do a...
Back
Top