Recent content by EzdineG

  1. E

    Linux Gaming Is on a Life-Support System Called Steam

    I'd just like to chime in and say that after trying to switch to Linux at least a dozen times over the last ten years or so, I'd always come back to Windows. Something never worked, a game I liked wouldn't run, or the UI's were just so alien that I couldn't wrap my head around them. Linux was...
  2. E

    NVIDIA NDA & HardOCP - POLL

    Kyle, sign the NDA and spare the expense. Everyone on this board knows good and well that once your review comes out you will give it to us straight. I am already highly skeptical of this product and just how ready it actually is to deliver ray tracing at an acceptable cost or speed. We...
  3. E

    Get a Google Daydream View (2017) For Only $30 From Verizon

    Thanks for this! My son's been asking for one for a while now, bit at this price.
  4. E

    Netflix Says “’Bright” Success Proves Film Critics Are “Disconnected from Mass Appeal”

    Thoroughly enjoyed this flick. Much like with everything else these days, you can't trust the mainstream media for shit.
  5. E

    "Star Wars" Franchise Crosses $4 Billion, Eclipsing Disney's Lucasfilm Price

    This guy gets it. This is defacto character writing at it's worst.
  6. E

    Google Now Hates Socialism Too

    Horse shit. Most can agree our POTUS is FAR from infallible, but CNN is hardly more than opinion pieces. Most of their quotes are far out of context. Dissenting voices constantly "have technical problems." They've been caught staging several fake rallies over the last few decades. "Two...
  7. E

    Google Now Hates Socialism Too

    Who came up with this chart? CNN = minimal partisan bias? Should be on the bottom left.
  8. E

    Best Card for Linux Server

    An AMD 54xx or 64xx would fit the bill nicely. Even if you don't run an X server directly, KMS will give you good terminal resolution and retain fast scrolling. These can be had for ~$19AR these days.
  9. E

    Corsair's The Witcher Wild Hunt Lucky Draw

    A wired gaming trackball, similar in design to the predecessors of the Logitech M570. Why? Because nobody worth a damn is doing it.
  10. E

    AMD Radeon R9 Nano Video Card PAPER Launch @ [H]

    Hey, Kyle. Since you're on about here engaging with the common folk, please respond to this message. Thanks. P.S. As a long time reader of this site, I don't believe you guys are biased. Just assholes. <3
  11. E

    Don't Buy A Steam Machine

    False. The Alienware Alpha is a Windows console that will continue to be sold as such after the SteamOS version ships. Not that it will be measurably different from it, however.
  12. E

    Net Neutrality Explanation of the Day

    Thanks for this! Absolutely fantastic.
  13. E

    Need z5500 replacement advice!

    Can you elaborate on this? It goes contrary to everything I've ever heard. If the source isn't "encoded" in 5.1, won't it still deliver PCM2.1 like the toslink? I admit this is somewhat of a black hole to me, Thanks.
  14. E

    Klipsch Promedia 2.1 -- two sets; older (heavier) new (lighter) - Sub/amp

    I've owned the 4.1 older style Promedias for ~10 years, only had to RMA once due to static from the sub. Klipsch was awesome about it. I'm very disappointed in the sound of the 2.1's I purchased last year. As has been covered here, these are much lighter, lack a power switch and don't sound...
  15. E

    Amazon Prime Price Increase

    My subscription expires April 21st, and I'm already going to be billed the new $99 fee. I've noticed that quite often the price I'm paying for an item with prime is the same as the non prime item + shipping, of course the prime shipping is 2-day, but the difference just doesn't justify that much...
Back
Top