Recent content by eXe747

  1. E

    good RAID card for file server

    ezno_matrix, but if 3 disks fail? I need read performance, server will be much more read-active than write
  2. E

    good RAID card for file server

    ezno_matrix, because of safety, if several drives fail...
  3. E

    good RAID card for file server

    I've chosen this RAID card: "Megaraid SAS 9260-16L Single, 16-PORT Int, 6GB/S Sata+sas, Pcie 2.0, 512MB; In T - 816$" CPU: Xeon E3-1275 MB: X9SCM-IIF-O RAM: DDR3 4x4GB 1333 non ECC PSU: Corsair AX760 I think this is good.
  4. E

    good RAID card for file server

    If I hook up everything with RAID 10, can I add more HDD s without Failure & dataloss?
  5. E

    good RAID card for file server

    I have another question, as I know, there are such hardware as "SAS Expander", maybe if there is some cheaper solution instead of 1300-1500$ ? I remember that I've build a server on a website and they said that instead of expensive RAID card, u'll use "SAS Expander"
  6. E

    good RAID card for file server

    ^ Windows Server
  7. E

    good RAID card for file server

    Will it survive hard work? and what will be ~ read speed ? if you know. thanks.
  8. E

    good RAID card for file server

    Hello, Actually I don't know much about RAID and that is why I'm asking for some little help here. I'm planning to use 16 x SATA2 WD Red 2 or 3 TB drives + RAID 10, so my Norco 3U case needs Four SFF-8087 Mini SAS connectors, I've seen some expensive RAID controllers but I do not actually know...
Back
Top