Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.
There is some bad news about the SG500XG-8F8T. Its financial. The switch is not part of the normal Cisco Global Price List, but of the Small Business S<omething>. Therefore the normal margins do not apply. SBS margins are MUCH lower, so you will not get the normal NFR discounts. The switch will...
I think people should be aware there is a new 10GbE switch for the SMB market. I'm trying to get one, but being a SMB product, my Cisco partner has a bit more difficulty to get a final price quote on it.
The Cisco SG500XG-8F8T is a 8x10Gb (Base-T) and 8x10Gb (SFP+) and 1x1Gbps for management...
Workstation 8 is the PC the equivalent of Fusion 4 for the MAC.
I've been using Workstation 8 since early beta and just like Fusion 4 they are huge improvements over the previous releases. It's well worth the upgrade.
- VM running Hypervisor with embedded 64bit VM
- Test Windows 8 Preview
-...
If your Desktop has a good amount of Memory, a good storage and recent cpu, I recommend you go the way of a Windows 7 (x64) box, with VMware Workstation 8. In it you can create your Linux vms and create a Nested set of ESXi (if you want the ESXi to learn and test and lab).
With Workstation 8...
Blue Fox, with the latest release of the MegaRAID Storage Manager (v8.16.100 ) I don't find anymore that interface is slow or unresponsive anymore.
I like the LSI because my HD monitoring tool (HD Sentinel Pro) can get the SMART status and does the monitoring and aging of the disks.