why would you not care? you really want to buy a used HD that could fail 6 months later off of ebay? screw that, I only buy new drives, never used and have not had one fail yet in over 25 years so yeah, I have a damn good track record
if YOU want to gamble to save a few bucks go for it but it's...
if you want to save a few bucks by buying somebody's 10 years old drive with 80K hours on it go for it, I don't sell used drives, it's not worth the hassle when they are outdated with many hours
good grief, I am not that poor to need 20 bucks a drive, pay ebay 15% fee and ship it and break...
unless you have illegal porn that's a long way to go to blank and old drive to sell, what do you think somebody is going to do, buy it and start doing and FBI deep dive into whats on the drive? LOL
this sound like paranoia to me and hiding something
why would you install windows, enable bitlocker and then reinstall again, sounds like too much work when free programs can blank the drives if you want to sell them
why would you sell and old drive you will get a fraction of what you paid
that line of thought baffles me, if youi want to sell a...
it's a backup for a drive failure, yes if you delete a file it's gone on both
psu dies just replace it, mobo fries, remove the drives and put them into a USB caddy and all your files are there, it ignore metadata
Done that plenty of times
never had a mobo fry and why would it take out the...
lots of free tools to blank a drive and erase any metadata but why? unless you plan to sell that old drive for a few bucks why go through all the effort? you really think if you throw in your trash can somebody is going to dig it out, install it and see your porn collection?
many people...
it certainly is a backup if you don't get a virus and stay away from porn sites and dark web
20+ years with raid 1, not a single problem, only one older drive got flagged it was going to fail, replaced, no worries
yes, I make an acronis copy on my other raid 1 pair and a external, never had to...
That and they had no plans to update their SSD 2.5 either
they break ground on a huge state of the art FAB outside Syracuse in a few years that will
put them close to samsung for capacity of HB RAM
MU is going through the roof, I would not be shocked in a few years it's 500/share and does a...
If you have the coin a 4TB SSD and they will likely keep growing of course
Yes, anybody at home that needs a 20TB spinner has a ton of porn, nothing else takes up that much room
unless you have a huge movie collection you actually want to watch again and again
spinners are fine.......just...
well hgst drives are no longer so they were old.........what kind?
I have 4 hgst NAS drives which are 12 years old with almost 90K hours and they are still rock solid
All drives the past 15+ years are robust per your situation
25 years I have never had a drive fail ever.......I had maybe a...
Must be the board, ran 4 raptors and at 80K hours not a peep ever, in fact super quiet and ran cool
As for seatools, just use windows to raw it, if you want secure erase to sell acronis can do that and other tools
I have not used seatools in over 10 year, about the time I no longer was using...