• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Recent content by elektrobank

  1. E

    Buy i7-980X now or wait?

    I ended up getting a 990x with 12GB RAM and 256GB SSD. Glad I didn't go with Sandy Bridge. It was crazy fast for a couple weeks, now is sluggish again. F'n Windows just degrades over time, no matter how fast a machine you buy Windows is the true bottleneck! Very frustrating!!!!
  2. E

    Buy i7-980X now or wait?

    Thanks for all the suggestions so far. I guess it doesn't hurt to wait a few more weeks and see what happens. Maybe I can pick up the 980X at a lower price then. Or if not, are there other processors coming out in the new year that I should consider if I decide not to get this beast? I like the...
  3. E

    Buy i7-980X now or wait?

    I do a bit of everything. Coding, graphic design, video, music. Pretty much everything but gaming. I need a computer that can handle a lot of programs running at once without slowing down and also allow me to switch between open programs very quickly. I also run virtual machines, and want to be...
  4. E

    Buy i7-980X now or wait?

    What about running multiple programs at the same time? Compiling code in one program, while running XP in virtual PC, while using photoshop, while encoding video, ect. Will more cores help in that case where I'm doing many things with many programs, or are they only really good for using...
  5. E

    Buy i7-980X now or wait?

    I really need a new computer. I was looking to buy one with a i7-980X six-core Extreme Edition. I know it's overkill and overpriced, but I always buy the top of the line processor available and money isn't a big concern, I just want something blazing fast. I know Intel has new processors coming...
Back
Top