Recent content by ekotan

  1. E

    New and Improved Watercooling Sticky - Post Your Systems Here

    This is my system. AMD Ryzen 9800X3D with an XSPC RayStorm EDGE water block connected to the top-mounted 360mm radiator NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090 with a Barrow BS-NVG4090-PA water block connected to the side-mounted 360mm radiator Asus ROG X670E Extreme motherboard 64 GB DDR5-6000 CL30 RAM kit...
  2. E

    Upgrade from 7800X3D to 9800X3D worth it or no?

    I have two PCs with comparable specs, both with RTX 4090 FE graphics cards and one with a 7800X3D and one with a 9800X3D, both with Noctua NH-U12A coolers. Both are connected to 144Hz 4K displays with G-SYNC and VSYNC enabled for a smooth gaming experience. I cannot tell which is faster unless I...
  3. E

    Caseking to Sell Core i7-8700K with 99% Silver Heatspreader

    I would guess it’s because this is not for people looking for value for money, it’s for people who want to overclock to the highest clock speeds for bragging rights.
  4. E

    Samsung 850 Pro SSD Endures 9100TB of Writes

    I have a Samsung 840 Pro at 187 TB written and still going strong. No errors, no slowdowns, no weirdness at all. Colour me impressed.
  5. E

    Turkish PM: ‘We’ll Eradicate Twitter’

    Not really. He took artifacts dating back to ancient Roman times. It is illegal to remove items of historical value from any country without prior permission from the authorities. Anyway, once it was determined that the man was not attempting to smuggle these items but had made an honest...
  6. E

    ARECA Owner's Thread (SAS/SATA RAID Cards)

    Yes, I know about the internal expander chip, but since I'm not currently using more than 8 drives, I was wondering if I can configure the card to use the IOP348 ROC ports instead. Or is there no performance advantage to doing so?
  7. E

    ARECA Owner's Thread (SAS/SATA RAID Cards)

    I've got an Areca 1680ix-16 card with 8x2TB Hitachi Ultrastar SATA disks. These disks are connected directly to the card using mini SAS-to-SATA breakout cables. I am not using an expander besides the chip built into this card. Everything works, but I'm trying to understand some of the options...
  8. E

    Recommend RAID Class 3.5" SATA Drives

    I only ever use and recommend Hitachi drives. I use eight 2TB Ultrastar models in my RAID driven by an Areca PCIE card and five 4TB Deskstar models in a Drobo 5D to which I back up that RAID nightly. Ultrastar drives are proper enterprise-grade disks and they have been super-reliable and...
  9. E

    Qualcomm: Apple’s 64-bit Processor Is A ‘Gimmick’

    This move is not about addressing more than 4GB RAM, there are some tangible immediate advantages. Please read http://www.mikeash.com/pyblog/friday-qa-2013-09-27-arm64-and-you.html and ignore the FUD and ignorance bandied about this topic on the Internet (and in this thread) at large
Back
Top