Try comparing the same scene with LB on and off. The difference with LB is not that much on my VG248QE compared to 120hz without LB. I made a post here describing how to run a spin demo with HL2.
It was suggested after that post that HL2 does not have detailed enough textures, and maybe Left...
This is an excellent question, and it goes to the heart of the matter. The VG248QE at 120hz is much better than 60hz. There is clearly an added benefit with LB over 120hz, but not as dramatic as the jump from 60hz to 120hz (in my opinion). Whether LB justifies the tradeoffs will be a choice for...
I've been experimenting with LightBoost on my VG248QE, and comparing to 60 hz and 120 hz without LB. I also have another 120 Hz monitor (Planar) that I used for comparison.
At this point I would say that LightBoost makes a big difference in PixPerAn, especially with the chase test, or the...
I think ToastyX was responding to my request for 144 Hz timings, but I didn't expect LightBoost to work at 144 Hz? If it can, that's great, but I was really just looking to get my VG248QE to easily switch to 144 (no LB) while maintaining LB capability for 120. 144 Hz disappears from the...
I've managed to get my VG248QE working, and I even have a 119Hz resolution set up via the CRU so I can switch back and forth as described in Mark's post.
I'm still in the process of evaluating the results. So far I'd say the difference in PixPerAn is fairly dramatic and hard to miss, but it's...
You don't ever right click to install the INF, or "install it to the driver list". You drill down to the INF. I've done it, I won't take the time to double check this, but I'll repost Mark's earlier instructions.
Right click desktop -> screen resolution -> select appropriate monitor ->...
Just got my new VG248QE, and here's my quick synopsis of trying to get Lightboost working for the first time. My first effort was using the CRU technique, but that didn't seem to work for me. It was a bit frustrating because I didn't really know what to look for to be sure it was working or not...
This is my plan. I want to see the effect for myself on older games. I'm a FPS fan, so motion blur is something I constantly see when gaming. When 120hz LCDs came out, some posters I think overhyped them, and I was disappointed to see very little difference from my older 60hz gaming monitor that...
One thing I'm not totally clear about: I see in the FAQ, "You should preferably have a Geforce GTX 680 or faster"
Does it matter what type of card you have, as long as it's Nvidia? I have a GTX 650. I'm fine with older games and I prefer to stay a few notches below the bleeding edge.
I'd like to add my thanks to Mark (and the other contributors in this thread) for their fine work. I was expecting that I would have to wait for OLED to get decent motion performance, but this unexpected discovery changes that.
I hope to contribute my experiences with my VG248QE when it is...
But they're still recovering from the flood! Meaning they haven't finished gouging the consumers as much as they want. Bet they can't wait for next year's flood, or even a heavy rain ;)
I think commercial software on nix is a critically important. I'm sure there will be folks who resist the idea, but having quality commercial software options will only increase the userbase and improve quality all around. Steam could be a start to that. Look how successful Android has been...
I've been a windows user and developer for more years than I'd like to admit. So far from what I've seen of Win8 makes me feel seriously that MS needs to go away for the good of everyone. They've been tolerable in the past, but now I think the monopoly is becoming more of an urgent problem.
The...
I had prime for about five years, and was a heavy user, but I did not renew after the last period expired. In the early years, it was a good value, but their policy and practices kept changing over time and reducing the total benefit. Now it seems the only thing it does over super-saver is they...
I have 3 good quality 60hz monitors, and a 120hz. I don't see a big difference with 120hz in terms of motion. LCDs are limited by their slow response time, and 120hz doesn't make any difference in this regard. The real benefit I found is you can expect less tearing with vsync off. Now if you're...