• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Recent content by EasterEEL

  1. E

    NVIDIA GPU Generational Performance Part 2 @ [H]

    Excellent articles thank you. Very helpful for us users considering next video card upgrade path.
  2. E

    GIGABYTE GTX 980 Ti G1 GAMING Video Card Review @ [H]

    Read the review and decided to purchase as I do trust your reviews. Here is feedback of my experience with the card so far. Despite the "SOC GPU Gauntlet™ Sorting" the ASIC Quality @ 64.1% is the lowest rated card I have ever owned, gutted! However with the f4 bios, stock voltage and...
  3. E

    ASUS ROG POSEIDON GTX 780 Video Card Review @ [H]

    This review piqued my interest in the GTX 780 /780 Ti range again. I hadn't noticed that prices have been falling (well at least for Gigabyte). The Gigabyte GeForce GTX 780 WindForce 3x "GHz Edition" @ £384 might be the best choice as it gets good reviews for o/c and quietness. Which ever way...
  4. E

    ASUS ROG POSEIDON GTX 780 Video Card Review @ [H]

    Lovely card I really want one. However in the UK it makes no sense to buy this card @ best price £455 vs a Gigabyte GeForce GTX 780 Ti @ best price £480.
  5. E

    ASUS R9 290X DirectCU II OC Overclocking Review @ [H]

    Exactly. This is a well balanced review to allow readers to draw conculsions.
  6. E

    ASUS R9 290X DirectCU II OC Overclocking Review @ [H]

    Interesting indeed. If I am understanding correctly the stock cooled 780Ti is beating the custom cooled 290X by a fair margin in BF4 & C4 when both are overclocked and after the "warm up period" when the 780ti is throttling back to 941MHz. Once the 780Ti has decent custom cooling it is...
  7. E

    MSI Z87-GD65 GAMING LGA 1150 Motherboard Review @ [H]

    There seem to be a lot posts from users on the MSI forums with problems with the Killer NIC 2205. MSI are offering to send out a standalone driver if you contact them but not yet clear if this has solved the problem. The driver can be found in this thread...
  8. E

    Monitor glow: is there a model that doesn't have this?

    I've owned several (expensive) IPS screens over the last six year and unfortunately there is no getting away from IPS glow. Depending on the make/model I have noticed it as a purple glow and with my current LED backlight screen a white glow. All IPS screens exhibit when viewing from angles and...
  9. E

    Hackers Can Turn Off Pacemakers Thirty Feet Away

    Totally irresponsible for this to be reported. The IOActive researcher Barnaby Jack should be working with silently with manufacturers to find a solution not creating the possibility of nutters sitting in cars outside hospitals killing people. It's only a matter of time before somebody gets...
  10. E

    NVIDIA Adaptive VSync vs. VSync + Triple Buffering

    Many thanks all, I've downloaded the most recent version I can find of Riva Tuner 2.24C and extracted it from that. I'll give all three options a try and see what works best with the latest 301.24 nVidia drivers VSync + triple buffering Adaptive vsync Direct3D Overrider
  11. E

    NVIDIA Adaptive VSync vs. VSync + Triple Buffering

    Nvidia Adaptive VSync looks a good option vs. VSync + Triple Buffering, as it presumably does not suffer from lag? I just wanted to canvass opinions, is there any point in enabling triple buffering with Adaptive VSync?
  12. E

    Do glossy 24"-30" monitors exist?

    Hazro HZ27WA & H27WC 2560x1440, fantastic price supplied to outside the UK from here: http://www.hazro.co.uk/ There are versions without the glass front (I have a WA version) from this UK site (every few weeks one of the models is on special offer)...
  13. E

    HP ZR24w

    It's clearly unbalanced left to right, not sure if it backlight bleeding or IPS glow TBH. Having switched back to the 20WGX2Pro (which is so much better) I now realise I prefer a glossy screen (despite the reflection problems) to a defused one. I'm going to have a look around for 24"...
  14. E

    HP ZR24w

    Here are a couple of pics which I think show the problem clearly enough http://img842.imageshack.us/i/p1000868h.jpg/ http://img64.imageshack.us/i/p1000871y.jpg/ The first pic shows a pronounced glow on the left-hand side top and bottom. The camera makes it very obvious, but to the eye...
Back
Top