• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Recent content by dz.Doze

  1. D

    ViewSonic FuHzion VX2265WM - Get one!

    Okay, but keep in mind that old-school consoles don't output at 120hz so there's really no point in buying a 120hz lcd like the vx2265wm or 2233rz for that purpose. Unless you're gaming on a PC that supports a dual link DVI output, you may as well save yourself a couple hundred bucks and pick...
  2. D

    ViewSonic FuHzion VX2265WM - Get one!

    Did you disable vsync?
  3. D

    Samsung 2233rz review - the 120hz revolution begins

    No luck on the $227 monitor deal. I had ordered one just for kicks (at that price, why not?) - but buy.com canceled my order this morning stating "the product is no longer available." Anyhow, the vx2265wm is now in stock at several online stores so hopefully we'll see a review trickle in soon.
  4. D

    Samsung 2233rz review - the 120hz revolution begins

    shiznit is correct, you don't need the drivers. I'm using XP. Just plug the monitor in and it's detected as 'plug and play monitor.' The 100hz and 120hz refresh rates will automatically appear in the refresh settings. The reason behind the Vista requirement is that these monitors are...
  5. D

    Samsung 2233rz review - the 120hz revolution begins

    Correct, "dual link DVI" does not mean two DVI cables. It's a single dual link cable. The 2233rz comes with one included in the box.
  6. D

    Samsung 2233rz review - the 120hz revolution begins

    I played with it for a few more hours today. I would describe the scaler as 'tolerable.' As with most LCD's, everything looks soft and fuzzy when you move away from the native resolution. Personally I didn't find it enjoyable gaming on it at non-native resolutions. I also tried pushing the...
  7. D

    120 Hz Monitors

    Indeed, it is. You can read my brief review of the Samsung 2233rz here: http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1387713
  8. D

    Samsung 2233rz review - the 120hz revolution begins

    I haven't tried them yet. I'm running XP and the Nvidia Stereoscopic 3D drivers only support Vista. I may toss Vista onto a spare HDD over the weekend to check them out.
  9. D

    Samsung 2233rz review - the 120hz revolution begins

    No offense dude, but I obviously know how to set the refresh rate. Anyhow the main driver behind 120hz was the stereoscopic 3D support (e.g. 60hz per eye). That's why the monitor is being bundled with the Nvidia 3D Vision glasses.
  10. D

    Samsung 2233rz review - the 120hz revolution begins

    Let me start off by saying that this review is for the avid FPS gamers. If you're one of those people that insist the human eye can't see anything faster than 60hz or you simply like to crap all over any thread discussing a TN panel, then please move right along - there's nothing to see here...
  11. D

    120 Hz Monitors

    In stock today at Tiger Direct. I pulled the trigger. The price is steep because you have to order the 'bundle' which includes the $200 3D Vision glasses on top of the $400 monitor. http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=4386904 I'll post my...
  12. D

    120 Hz Monitors

    Yes
  13. D

    When Will 120hz H-IPS Panel Be Availible

    I noticed it on tigerdirect as well, however I wonder whether they actually have them in stock given the "usually ships in 7-10 days" availability. They probably don't have the monitor physically sitting in their warehouse at this point.
  14. D

    confused on gaming monitors. TN? and other types..

    1 second (1000ms) / 60hz = 16.66ms. Not sure where you got 30ms from unless you have an LCD panel that's refreshing at 33.33hz.
  15. D

    120 Hz Monitors

    Same here. Thanks for the link. I've been keeping an eye on this thread and waiting for the monitor to be released. Can't wait to give it a test drive.
Back
Top