• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Recent content by durquavian

  1. D

    Async compute gets 30% increase in performance. Maxwell doesn't support async.

    Does anyone know if Maxwell is the iteration of Pascal or is Pascal completely different? Kinda thought they were similar but not sure why I thought that.
  2. D

    AMD Radeon R9 Nano Video Card PAPER Launch @ [H]

    Funny you should say it like that, little ironic to your very post. Point he was making was that the findings/facts were skewed in some demeaning way but the message was slanted heavily conveying an air of bias or agenda. Connotation has grew bearings on how an article is viewed. The FuryX...
  3. D

    R9 290X goes toe-to-toe with GTX 980 Ti on DirectX 12

    A couple of things: AMD did not ship the first 2 quaters this year and likely scaled down at the end of last. Also market share only speaks to sales over time not ownership. AMD purchasers tend to upgrade on a longer schedule than those purchasing NVIDIA, therefore skewing the sales to...
  4. D

    AMD Not providing R9 Nano samples to several sites.

    The performance obviously didn't reflect the issue. But the fact of Nvidia not releasing the facts up front was the issue. Any company doing this is and can be levied serious fines. So how it performs does not admonish them of fault.
  5. D

    Maxwell DOES support Asynchronous Shaders

    As I mentioned in the other thread, Will Pascal fix the Async issue? It was taped out last year right? And engineering would have started years before that. So it is possible they haven't accounted for this scenario unless they were looking at AMDs architecture, which I doubt seeing it made...
  6. D

    AMD Not providing R9 Nano samples to several sites.

    I agree the pricing of the Nano against all other cards doesn't look to make much sense but in its market it is (or until reviews saying one way or another) the best GPU in its segment. Albeit a niche consumer base but still a market worth a number of sales. And like the Titan, able to garner...
  7. D

    Async compute gets 30% increase in performance. Maxwell doesn't support async.

    Here is a good question: Are you sure Pascal will be better for DX12? I mean it has been in the works for years, likely before any finalization of DX functions/features, so it is likely it may still be hampered in Async if used to a high degree. Also after reading all the hoopla over this I am...
  8. D

    GTX 980Ti vs R9 Fury X in Small Form Factor Application

    Those temps were burn runs, heavy stress tests. Gaming runs never got anywhere near 100C. Most showing 75C max with gaming runs.
  9. D

    ASUS STRIX R9 Fury DC3 Video Card Review @ [H]

    And where did I say they MUST do anything? Not once did I. Originally I asked why they didn't used Canned benchmarks in conjunction with the gameplay reviews. Next thing I know I am getting blasted with labels and disrespectful posts from posters that didn't take the time to read the posts...
  10. D

    ASUS STRIX R9 Fury DC3 Video Card Review @ [H]

    Repeating requires saying the exact same thing, which I have not. I only went so far as to try and explain my point better to those that have apparent issues understanding. But obviously here again I get to do the same. Adding Canned benchmarks for the games they test when available adds...
  11. D

    MSI R9 390X GAMING vs ASUS STRIX R9 Fury Review @ [H]

    well considering the Nano has just one 8 pin to the 390X's 2 8 pins, the performance aspect would be astounding.
  12. D

    did you know this about amd drivers?

    Yeah. CF between 200 and 300 series is possible.
  13. D

    Freesync and Windowed Mode games

    but in that instance Freesync would be a waste or not really necessary.
  14. D

    AMD VP promises no exclusive proprietary tech in AMD Gaming Evolved Games & Star Wars

    That is a good point and makes it much easier/simpler to understand. The problem even now, till DX12 is that you still have to code for DX11. Even though the consoles are x86/64 they need to have the abstraction layer when they come to PC to account for the vast different hardware setups...
  15. D

    ASUS STRIX R9 Fury DC3 Video Card Review @ [H]

    I wasn't arguing that the way they do it was bad or inferior in any way. It is a good philosophy and a good testing strategy. I only asked if they considered adding for just the games they have the occasional Canned benchmark to SUPPLEMENT the existing gameplay bench. I gave the positives for...
Back
Top