Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.
Quick question, Is it a wise idea to place a center channel speaker under this monitor (on top of the base)? The speaker IS magnetically shielded.
THANKS!
Hey guys, got a question. I'm trying to connect my Denon AVR-2803 to this monitor so that I can access the Denon's set-up menu. I'd like to go through the VGA. Is there a cable that exists for this purpose or am I stuck with this pricey (compared to a $3 cable) converter...
Hey erictooth, how long have you had your monitor? Mine had some backlight bleed or whatever you want to call it. But then, after a few weeks, it got better.
Betaboy: TOO FRICKIN' TRUE!!!! HAHAHA
This is very interesting. Go to this link (its safe, dont worry) and LISTEN to your monitor. Mine makes a god awful sound when viewing this page of text. It only has done it with this page and no others, which is good because if it did...it would be going back.
http://www.aintitcool.com/node/43749
haha. Ya, I just noticed that today too! But I did some research and I was starting to get comfortable with those speakers price. So I guess $2-300 would be OK.
I was looking at the polk Rti4's a few days ago as well. Probably have to do more research on them before I consider buying though...
Ok, so "bookshelf speakers" are probably my best option.?
As far as the $200 goes, the speakers can be 199.99 for the pair. Shipping is usually free at this price (hopefully) and sometimes you can get lucky with tax! I just want something thats going to sound nice from 3-4ft and not interfere...
Hey guys,
I just bought the NEC Ea231wmi monitor after much research and a little help (ok alot) from this forum (THANKS!).
Anyways, I'm the recent recipient of a hand-me-down Denon AVR-2803 receiver, a subwoofer, and some speakers. Unfortunately, the speakers aren't as nice. So, I would like...
NICE! bigheadanthony
Sorry to hear about your lottery loss Yeastwood. My monitor has some slight color uniformity issues, but I'm 99% sure I'm gonna stick with it. I don't think its worth the hassle of exchange, wait, and pray. Maybe you'll get lucky with a third try? If it wasn't for the...
Does anyone have this monitor hooked-up to a PS3? How do blu-ray movies look with this set-up, 1920 x 1080?
Can the PS3 support 1080P @ 24fps or does it only allow 1080P @ 60fps?
Come to think of it, does this monitor even support 1080P @ 24fps!?!?
I ask because I'm in the process of looking...
Hey again guys, another quick question.
Anyone have this monitor connected to a mac and know a good "free" program for calibrating it rather than the macs standard calibrator? I've also tried SuperCal, but have gotten some really dark results.
Thanks!
Hey guys, got a question.
What kind of device/cable should I use if I want to connect both my mac mini and blu-ray player to the single DVI input? Basically, I want both my computer and my blu-ray player connect via DVI, so I don't have to VGA my computer or keep plugging and unplugging the two...