Recent content by Dubbs

  1. D

    Performance of win2k3 router

    I should clarify a few things about my situation. I'm a graduate student at a univeristy, and I will be connected to the school network 100% of the time. The only reason I'm using this pc as a router is to be able to enable some of multicast features on my school network. Otherwise I'd have to...
  2. D

    Performance of win2k3 router

    Reason I have win 2k3 as my choice is because I got it for dirt cheap from the company i used to intern at. Business wasn't good, so bankrupty = free or dirt cheap components for those who work there! Unless any other platform can offer me more features or performance or etc, I think win 2k3...
  3. D

    Performance of win2k3 router

    I currently have a spare PC i'm going to be setting up as a router and firewall. It has a sempron 3100+ (1.8ghz, s754) with 1GB ddr ram. Besides being a router and firewall, it'll be a file server and occasional torrenter. I'm going to be running 2 10/100 NICs and a wireless nic off of this...
  4. D

    Home fileserver/router

    I have spare parts off of an old HTPC that I'd like to use to make myself a home router that will connect to 2 other PCs. The machine's purposes are going to be: Home router (with multicast enabled) Firewall uTorrent FTP server Printer server HTTP/PHP Server Constantly play music...
  5. D

    200 Dollar Cooling Challenge

    I got my watercooling all used for $130. Parts: Swiftech MCP665 ($35 USED) Swiftech Storm Rev. 2 ($25 used) Swiftech MCR320 ($35 used) Danger den maze 4 GPU ($25 used) Tubing + T-line: $10 I had 3 120mm fans already, so add maybe $15 to that for the fans and total's around $150 for...
  6. D

    Final build - comments and suggestions

    I'm only looking to reduce costs through hardware, which at this point only looks to be the PSU and maybe motherboard (maybe a bloodiron for $15 less, although the lanparty is a much better deal for that price than the bloodiron). As for watercooling, I'm set on that. I've watercooled before...
  7. D

    Final build - comments and suggestions

    Hey all, looking to finalize my watercooled build. Will be gaming at a max res of 16x10 widescreen on a 20" lcd. Also looking to OC. Here's my proposed system: $130 - CPU: Wolfdale e7200 $130 - MOBO: DFI DK P35 $105 - RAM: 4GB (2gb x 2) OCZ Reaper HPC edition (pc2 6400) $200 - VID: HD...
  8. D

    Best Laptop for ~900?

    I third the vostro :-D. My 1400 w/ a 8600m gs, 2gb of ram and t5470 was only $800 shipped a couple of months ago.
  9. D

    Trying to built or buy a mini computer

    Mini-itx system: Processor: Athlon 64 x2 4600+ - $60 Motherboard: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813153114 This motherboard is probably best of hte mini-itx in terms of proc power/features. Has an onboard 8200, supports AM2+ processors. Costs $160 RAM: Any 2GB (1...
  10. D

    I don't have much money but i am building a game computer =)

    I'll take that DFI UT p35 board if your not using it :D
  11. D

    Trying to built or buy a mini computer

    You can use your 2.5" HD's with a converter like this for $6: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812203012 I'd personally recommend a nice shuttle XPC system. It's cube sized, but generally they are only 8" by 8" (in height and width). It's also smaller than the...
Back
Top