Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.
A little test result for you guys:
Esxi 5.1U3 is a very picky NFS client.
Storage is 8x 512GB samsung 850 pro.
Raid-scheme under test is raid-10.
I did test on direct-connect backplane, and expander-backplane.
Work fine for years:
Omni 151010
Omni 151012
-----------
Work so-so, APD if...
Dear Gea,
151014 is un-usable with esxi 5.1U3. Esxi can mount the NFS share, but after some data read/write, that pool is not responding.
Even there is no I/O, i can't upload an ISO to it; browsing is ok, but uploading never finish.
Current LSI 2308 firmware is P16. Which version do you think...
I'm hitting a strange timeout issue with All-in-one model.
CPU: 2x xeon e5 2620 v2
Main: x9drd-jln4f
Ram: 128G
Controller:
1x m1015, flashed to 9211 IR, omni vmdk is stored here.
1x lsi 2308 onboard, IT mode, pass through to Omni
Disk:
2x seagate sas 300G, connected to m1015, mirrored for...
Do you have distributed switch license?
1. If yes, try moving omni vnic, storage vkernel to port group which has load balancing policy "Route based on physical nic load".
2. Otherwise, you could try setting vkernel, omni storage vnic, omni replication vnic on different port group. Each...
1. What brand is your server nic?
2. What switch are you using?
3. Did you enable storm-control on your switch port? (I did make that mistake).
4. Did you enable mtu 9000 somewhere?
I built a small zfs cluster for my company. Every 15 minutes there is 20gbytes zfs replication between 2 omni...
Problem solved:
1. idmap settings will apply after OS reboot. svcadm restart has no effect.
2. Guest mapping:
In default idmap config: Guest account => idmap => ephemeral unix id. ZFS ACL for ephemeral account is everyone@
If using idmap: Guest account => idmap => unix account...
I did experience the same issue.
I used 1 vkernel interface for both management + storage. OI/Omni had only 1 e1000 nic.
During high load, vsphere host / storage showed "disconnected" state.
My fix:
For esxi host: i create separate management vkernel in a vlan, another vkernel for storage in...
Dear Gea,
I did edit vmxnet3.conf, and follow your tcp tuning link.
The last time i test on OI a7, it can receive data with mtu 9000 only, not the other direction.
I'll try omni in this weekend.
Best regards.
One more reason to use ZoL under esxi, instead of OpenSolaris clones, is vmxnet3.
I did buy some cheap mellanox 10gbe sfp+, 01 ibm bnt rackswitch on ebay, some Sfp+Cu cables.
My file server could pump ~ 1100 mbytes/s (ssd pool of course), to other linux / windows machines.
Reaching...
I'm using ZoL for small office file service, Ubuntu 12.04, here is my experience so far:
1. ZFS ACL has not ported yet. Only standard unix perm (666, 777 ...).
2. If file server is running as Esxi VM, under low memory condition, vmware balloon driver will try to reclaim free block => VM is...
I'm hit with a weird nic's bottleneck.
I have 2 X8DTL-i supermicros, each SM has:
_ 2x nic 82574L (e1000).
_ 2x xeon 5620
_ 32GB ram.
_ 8x Western Digital Re4 1TB.
_ m1015 IT-mode, directly map through VT-d.
_ OpenIndiana vm, provide NFS datastore for Esxi 5.0 update 1.
_ Bonnie Seq-write...
Hi,
I would like to say thank you, Gea, for your napp-it.
I have a small question: what is "raw lu"?
It is on Comstar / Logical Units / create raw LU. Sun document doesn't mention about this.
I tried to create a raw LU, share that LU via iSCSI. But esxi can't create vmfs on it. Esxi can...