Yeah the 2711x have pretty uniform backlight, there's a slight light bleed at the bottom edge, but hardly noticeable in everyday use. I'll take a picture of a black background for you tonight, I'll let you decide what is "pretty uniform".
I have the HP ZR24W, and returning it to go back to TN because I don't like the IPS glow. Also HP have text sharpness issue because it is applying some sort of sharpness algorithm to the text.
You can get more info about the HP text issue here...
I'm ordering an Asus VE278Q also, I'll compare between the two. Another problem I have with the HP is their text sharpness. They seem to have some sharpness algorithm apply to the input, which doesn't really work very well imho. At first I thought my HP ZR24w text just wasn't sharp, but with...
Got the screen...still trying to get use to the reflection of the glossy screen. May try rearranging my desk so that the window isn't right in front of the screen like it is now.
But man the black is BLACK! unlike HP ZR24w where there's always a white tint. I hope rearranging the desk will...
NCX,
Thanks, that's good to hear. I'll be receiving the monitor tomorrow, I'll report back my findings.
I hope this is the one, hunting for a suitable monitor is painful.
Also, how do I use the ghosting test link that you posted?
Thanks.
Thanks,
I'm going to buy this then if the glossy HP 2711x I ordered doesn't work out well. I've been using matte all my life, and like to give glossy a try now. I usually game at night with the light off (don't want to disturb the significant other), and usually close my window during the...
Thanks Scorpio,
I think both the 2511x and 2711x screen are glossy. The difference I see so far between these and the 2509b is that the 2509b is CCFL lit and the others are WLED lit. I like to try WLED so I went ahead and order the 2711x. I hope the LCD panel between them are the same spec...
Hi guys,
Just wanted to get some comment regarding viewing angle for this monitor. Also how's the black level and text sharpness?
I currently own a IPS HP ZR24w and the glow is bothering me, going back to TN and plan to buy this one.
Thanks.
Hi all,
I have an HP ZR24w and I can't stand the glow effect. I plan to return it to buy a good TN panel with decent viewing angle and better black.
My requirement is pretty straight forward, good black level, sharp text, <5ms response time, and good lag for some light gaming (I don't...