• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Recent content by Drose911

  1. D

    new intel cpu

    If this installation did fail, which is probably not going to happen, would it be a good backup plan to buy a cheap 45nm pentium e5800 so i can go from 2.5 to 3.2 and then possibly overclock like i did the e5200 a couple hundred mhz so I would have a 3.5ghz dual core.
  2. D

    new intel cpu

    So if i end up going with a q6600 on my board there would be no limitations on it whatsoever? The guy at the computer store said that there was a possibility that the new cpu could be completely rejected. Or another possibility would be the bios would force an underclock.He said the q6600 cores...
  3. D

    new intel cpu

    At the site http://support.gateway.com/s/PC/DX/DX4720/DX4720sp2.shtml it lists under ram ddr2 667/800 mhz SDRAM. Could i then in someway get ram running at 533mhz because i was told that it could only go up to a total speed of 800mhz because of the board or the ram itself. So by no problem do...
  4. D

    new intel cpu

    My current Pentium e5200 is 45nm so yes. My current power supply is 650 watts.
  5. D

    new intel cpu

    Ok thanks for all your replies
  6. D

    new intel cpu

    The only way that I have been able to overclock has been nvidias ntune. I made my dual core pentium from 2.5 to 2.8. The fsb went from 800 to about 900. I think i will go for the q6600. Its just that they have the Q8300 2.5 with a 1333 fsb and I was wondering if that would be worth it as it is...
  7. D

    new intel cpu

    Would a gateway bios which is locked automatically lower the speed of the ram by changing the ratio on its own? Also, despite having slower ram i definitely would benefit from having the 1066 or 1333 fsb?
  8. D

    new intel cpu

    I currently own a Gateway 4720-03. It has a MS-7399 motherboard. Looking up the specs, it has a lga 775 socket need for a core 2 quad upgrade from my current dual core. It also supports fsb speeds up to 1333. I was thinking of upgrading my pentium dual core to a q6600,q6700, or q8400. My worry...
  9. D

    ati radeon 6850

    I am going to be upgrading from a gts 250 1gb ddr3 by Nvidia to a Radeon 6850 ddr5. Since my motherboard supports ddr3 memory I would assume that there would be no problem with running ddr5 on my pci express 1.1 slot and that 2.0 is backwards compatible. I was considering an Nvidia gtx 460 as...
Back
Top