With a link to the full site on the resulting WAP site, of course.
I'm curious of everybody else's feelings on the situation. I don't think there's a right or wrong answer.
-/Drewcifer
So I got the machine back together and everything seems to be working fine. I ran Furmark in stability test mode for 20min and it stayed at an operating max of 61c without the shims.
I'm very appreciative of everybody's willingness to help throughout this process as I learned a great deal and...
Hey folks,
Looks like the reflow worked! I have a functioning screen. I only turned it on for a brief second, as I have some copper shims coming later today and don't want to risk overheating the GPU again.
I'll post back with a video of it running furmark... Provided everything holds up :)...
Compaq Presario F700
I intend on being quite careful. I just ordered a temperature gun, but it won't be here in time for the project. Some of the videos I watched showed practicing distance, temperature, and duration on a piece of solder first... figured I'd give that a go.
-/Drewcifer
Which is obviously not lacking, so I'm gonna have to agree with you that reflow is the next best option.
Thanks for your help folks, I'll repost how it went. If it turns out well I've got a stockpile of dead cards that may need nothing more than a new fan after this.
I see myself spending too...