First thing I would do is uninstall drivers and reinstall them. Try that and post new 3Dmark scores and see if there is any change. Run some in game benchmarks before and after as well.
As for the crossfire bridge you only need one.
What resolution are you running at?
Your sig says your...
Two 6970s should scale much better than 70 FPS (1 gpu) up to 90FPS (2 gpu). Crossfire scaling is superb in the 6900s. You should be scaling around 190%ish. In theory (perfect scenario) you should be getting about 133 FPS if there is no bottleneck. If my math is right (probably isn't) my original...
O.P you could also just repeat the original benchmarks you ran with 1 card. Compare the crossfire FPS to the single card FPS. Then you can see how much it is scaling. I decided to just run one card with my setup until Zambezi (bulldozer) comes out and then to crossfire later. But then again I am...
Well I am a dummy, I misread the O.P.s statement about using eyefinity but I am pretty certain he is still highly bottlenecked by the CPU. Just not as much at that high of a resolution. Maybe 50%?
You are comparing apples to oranges.
Those benchmarks you linked are using a Intel i7 920 and you are using a x4 965 BE. You are severely bottlenecked I believe. Now I am not hating on AMD,I am running the exact same CPU. If I read your original post correctly you are running two 6950s bio...