• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Recent content by Doresain

  1. D

    Home media server build assistance?

    I WAS planning on using the server to rip - what kinds of problems am I likely to encounter? Also, the selected mobo has Gbit onboard - am I likely to see a difference between the onboard NIC and an addon? I'm not expecting many simultaneous connections, but streaming video is for sure a...
  2. D

    Home media server build assistance?

    Thanks! I'll go this direction then: Case: COOLER MASTER HAF 912 RC-912-KKN1 Black SECC/ ABS Plastic ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - $54.99 PSU: Antec High Current Gamer Series HCG-520 520W ATX12V v2.3 / EPS12V v2.91 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC Power Supply - $54.99 Mobo: ASUS...
  3. D

    Home media server build assistance?

    Any alternate recommendations?
  4. D

    Home media server build assistance?

    Okay, it has been a while, so check my work here. Stole some recommendations from a thread a few months old, there may be better options by now I'm not aware of. Case/PSU Combo: COOLER MASTER HAF 912 RC-912-KKN1 Black SECC/ ABS Plastic ATX Mid Tower Computer Case , COOLER MASTER GX Series...
  5. D

    Home media server build assistance?

    Hey, thanks for lending your expertise! 1) Yeah, the $1k does include hard drives. If I have to start smaller at 6TB or so and then add down the line that is doable, so if the price is right expandability is a plus. 2) I live in Oregon, USA. In terms of OS and software compatibility...
  6. D

    Home media server build assistance?

    Hi folks! I'm looking to put together my first home server and could use some advice on the best direction to go in terms of hardware/OS. What I'd like it to do: -Obviously, store things. 6-10TB would be ideal -Stream video and music to a PS3, HTPC, and other PCs in the home...
Back
Top