• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Recent content by dongle07

  1. D

    Dell U2311H

    The HDMI->DP adapter from monoprice did not work for me either. Oh well!
  2. D

    For those that have gone from 1900x1200 to 1080p... satisfied?

    I have two computers –+one has a 1920x1200 monitor and the other has a 1920x1080 monitor. I tend to lay windows out laterally anyway, so I moved my dock from the bottom of the screen to the right side and haven't looked back. I wouldn't mind the extra 120 pixels but I can't say I...
  3. D

    Dell U2311H

    I should have been more clear; when I typed "confirmed" I meant that I had tried out my PS2 and my Wii via component -> d-sub. It works great and I couldn't detect much/any extra lag.
  4. D

    Dell U2311H

    I stacked as many coupons as possible and I got a great monitor way ahead of schedule. Alternate theory: IIRC Apple is sourcing their IPS panels for the iPhone 4 and iPad from the same manufacturer that produces the panels for Dell's U2331h, and there was clearly a rush on iStuff in June.
  5. D

    Dell U2311H

    Confirmed: can accept component signal over VGA. D-sub -> component cables are ~$5 at monoprice. This monitor rooooolz for the price.
  6. D

    Dell U2311H

    There are two options: Full (16:9) and 4:3. There is no 1:1. That's kind of a bummer. The text rendering in OS X is fantastic. I haven't paid attention to the text in W7 because I only use that for TF2 and L4D.
  7. D

    New Display - Gaming and Photo Work (23"+)

    I'm not a hxc gamer or anything, but I do play some bullet-hell shmups, fighting games, and the odd round of TF2, all of which are timing-sensitive, and I haven't had any issues. The display stays crisp while looking around or moving and half a frame of lag is hardly noticeable. Actually, I...
  8. D

    Monitor giving me a headache

    Have you tried turning down the brightness?
  9. D

    New Display - Gaming and Photo Work (23"+)

    U2311H is great as long as the panel gods are on your side. I got one with no tinting and only one dead pixel. Fast response, 10ms input lag. Decently accurate before calibration, totally suitable for design and photo work post-calibration. I can't imagine the TN panels you mentioned being good...
  10. D

    Dell U2311H

    Update: this monitor can take 480i/p (and other resolutions) YPbPr signals over VGA. That is awesome. An $8 cable from monoprice allows you to hook up a wii or older consoles or homebrew electronics with component out to this monitor. I have yet to try it, so I can't comment on de-interlacing...
  11. D

    Dell U2311H

    Received my monitor. One dead pixel, no tinting. Gorgeous screen. Definitely a step up in terms of image quality from my BenQ FP241W, not to mention better response and lower input lag. A shame the scaling options are thin (toggle b/w 16:9 and 4:3).
  12. D

    HP ZR24W vs NEC EA231wmi

    According to HP's official support forums, HardForum, and other places on the web, the ZR24W doesn't scale 16:9 sources properly. I would have purchased a ZR24W but instead ordered an NEC because I use my monitor with consoles as well as my Mac.
  13. D

    The HP ZR24w Scaling Issues Thread

    I am one of those people. I want to connect an xbox 360 and a playstation 3 to the display.
  14. D

    Dell U2311H

    An update re: shipping. I ordered one on May 23 during the sale, got delayed twice until July 22, called to cancel my order, then received a notice yesterday that the monitor had shipped. Frustrating. But good news for those of you waiting.
  15. D

    HP ZR24w

    This would be the perfect monitor for me if it could scale its inputs well! In a pinch, I ordered the NEC EA231WMI –+maybe next season some company will nail it all. Or HP will offer a firmware update.
Back
Top