• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Recent content by Doctorm

  1. D

    Need advice on budget monitor.

    Best Buy has the VX2370smh cheaper than anyone else on the net, but they don't keep it in stock. The first arrived and the box was wet!? The second arrived today. If this monitor was for my own use (and not my mother) I would have calibrated and be giving an in-depth review. But it's not, so...
  2. D

    Dell S-Line Screens - S2740L, S2440L, S2340M, S2340L, S2240M

    I do want to mention I was at BB and got to compare the S2340 (IPS) and the S2440 (VA). Just on their demo crap they had going and playing with basic settings settings, it appears the IPS has much deeper blacks, but theVA panel had more accurate color (with a bit of a blue push.) The IPS had...
  3. D

    Dell S-Line Screens - S2740L, S2440L, S2340M, S2340L, S2240M

    2 question. I know these come either DVI-D or HDMI (the M and L respectively), but does it matter? My old Viewsonic was HDMI only and included a conversion cable. So is there a pro or con for either version? Can a cable go the other way and be HDMI to DVI-D? Heck do these monitors even...
  4. D

    Need advice on budget monitor.

    Sorry to bump, but pulled the trigger on the VX2370SMH-LED. Specs are really similar to the Dell S-series S2340M. Some minor differences in connections. Dell is glossy, VS has antiglare. Response times on the panels are the same but there is talk that objectively the VS may look better...
  5. D

    Need advice on budget monitor.

    I dunno. Some so-so reviews of the VX2x53MH-LED on Amazon, but PCMag picked it as an editor's choice when it came out with a 4/5 rating. It's a TN panel, but doesn't sound like it sucks. It's last year's model, but the 22 and 24 are both still available for under $200. Seriously, I'm out of...
  6. D

    Need advice on budget monitor.

    I just realized that my first post says the VX2770Smh-LED, obviously not right for <200. I meant the VX2370Smh-LED. First post has been updated. I've seen some less than sterling comments regarding Viewsonic's VX2453MH-LED. Their models tend to be a bit of a muddle though and pretty...
  7. D

    Need advice on budget monitor.

    @03gandam - Haven't found a review of the HP yet, but Best Buy now has it at $240. Sounds like G/F got good deal. Still trying to do sub-$200.
  8. D

    Need advice on budget monitor.

    Dell Ultrasharps are usually pretty expensive. Do they really have anything good in that price range? Model # would be good... and possibly review links.
  9. D

    Need advice on budget monitor.

    I'm shopping for an inexpensive monitor for my mom. Her uses are generally email and web browsing. Her video watching is limited to YouTube videos. Her gaming is never much more than solitaire or Angry Birds. Her last monitor is dead, a 17" CRT from ViewSonic. I'm thinking sub-$200 is...
Back
Top