• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Recent content by dL.

  1. D

    ASUS PB278Q 1440p IPS (PLS Panel)

    Alright here are more observations I have found between the PB278Q and the S27A850D. - The antiglare coating on the Asus is even lighter than the Samsung. I would say on a scale of 1 to 10 for AG, if Dell U2711 is 9, then Samsung is 5 and Asus is 4. If you look at a normal distance, you can't...
  2. D

    ASUS PB278Q 1440p IPS (PLS Panel)

    Interesting. I thought there's no PWM for Samsung. TFTcentral did not mention PWM for the 850D. Honestly for normal use, I don't really see a big difference. For some reason, I just find it a bit tiring looking at Asus compared to Samsung. Difference is not that big but it is definitely there...
  3. D

    ASUS PB278Q 1440p IPS (PLS Panel)

    Alright so I purchased the PB278Q today to get a comparison with my S27A850D that I have purchased recently. Here are my observations. I will list them in point forms. - They both use the exact same panel. - Samsung has SLIGHTLY better white uniformity. - Same colour characteristics with a very...
  4. D

    HP ZR24w

    LOL problem solved. Did a factory reset on the ZR24w and it's super fast again now. Weird. dL
  5. D

    HP ZR24w

    Well in general the ZR24w switching display mode, or when it turns off and on again it takes a significantly longer time than my previous Dell 2007wfp. When my computer turns off, the display would have to run a signal scan for all 3 output types before turning itself to sleep. Did I have a...
  6. D

    HP ZR24w

    I agree with you Blackbird. I just tried some settings from you guys and I find the default 6500K looks the best. I'll just stick with what I've been using since I am happy with it already. The only thing I am not happy is: Anyone notice the screen very slow to return to its display when a UAC...
  7. D

    HP ZR24w

    I just tried putting a blank screensaver and turned off the lights and finally noticed the lower left glow. It's not that significant and only noticeable in a completely dark room in a completely dark image and if I look for it. Also the black level is pretty poor, however, only in that setting...
  8. D

    HP ZR24w

    Anyone notice the screen very slow to return to its display when a UAC triggers in Windows? Why is it so much slower than all other monitors? dL
  9. D

    HP ZR24w

    I noticed mine has a very faint vertical bar that is ever so slightly darker near the 2/3 of the screen from the left. But it's only noticeable if it is on a white screen and if I looked at it very carefully at different angles. I also noticed a couple of forum members - Blackbird in particular...
  10. D

    HP ZR24w

    Is it just me or is UAC refresh really slow for the ZR24w? Would a firmware be able to fix it or is the processor simply too slow to handle screen off/on? dL
  11. D

    HP ZR24w

    I ordered the ZR24w from NCIX last weekend and price matched it to $376.99 CAD. Just picked it up today and I am pleased to say there is absolutely no dead pixel, no stuck pixel, no backlight bleed, nor any uniformity issues etc. The colours are really nice out of the box. The ZR24w is really...
  12. D

    HP ZR24w

    Question for you guys, does the ZR24w come with a Mini Displayport to Displayport cable? What type of cables does it include in the box? dL
  13. D

    Gigabyte X58A-UD3R Thread

    Question for you guys, I got the Sata 3 WD Black hard drives in RAID 1 configuration. How do I find out in Windows 7 that it is indeed SATA 3 and not SATA 2 that is enabled? dL
  14. D

    Gigabyte X58A-UD3R Thread

    Alright I figured where the high pitch whine is coming from. It's from my defective Seagate hard drives. dL
  15. D

    Gigabyte X58A-UD3R Thread

    Upon further investigation, I do hear that high pitch whine you guys were complaining about. To be honest, that sounds really quiet because I have to open the case and put my ear beside it to hear. However, I am exhibiting another constant very faint high pitch noise and I have no idea where...
Back
Top