Recent content by djstarfox

  1. D

    How do YOU make computers fun again?

    I got into Raspberry Pi computers, as PC's are just too expensive these days. One of them displays "holiday lights" depending on which holiday is next (e.g., pumpkin for Halloween, cornucopia for Thanksgiving).
  2. D

    Combine web server/NAS/PerForce to one machine?

    Have you looked at Open Media Vault?
  3. D

    AMD finally supports Neural Texture Compression!

    Yep, it's the classic storage vs compute trade-off in Computer Science 101. I invision that looking like shader caching when a game starts up. However, I could also see a downloaded game at 50GB exploding to 350GB after said texture expansion, to support older video cards.
  4. D

    AMD finally supports Neural Texture Compression!

    No support planned for 6000 series cards. Gotta have 7000 or 9000 series.
  5. D

    LG TVs caught spying even when offline or on standby

    I don't have LG, but they are all made in China. I connect my TV to ethernet on a separate IOT network, disable Wifi, and firewall it to hell so it cannot connect out anywhere. I see it trying to send telemetry to China on the deny logs, so if LG is doing this, they are not alone.
  6. D

    What do you do with your old cases?

    PC cases I try to get rid of ASAP, except one I'm saving for a special purpose. Raspberry Pi cases I have a bunch of, but they are not worth shipping anywhere. Free to anyone who asks, I suppose.
  7. D

    So why cards?

    A dedicated graphics slot was called AGP. It's dead and gone for good reason.
  8. D

    Whats your favorite pc game of all time?

    Hard to choose... but as of this time in my life, my pick is Divinity Original Sin 2. Played thru at least 5 times @ 200 hrs each...
  9. D

    Found

    Better off with an older Pi 3 or even Pi 4 (1GB model) to have the reliablity of ethernet for DNS.
  10. D

    Nvidia is joining the trading card trend with the Trading Cards Series 1 collection

    Why own the card when you can rent the image (on paper) for less? Seriously, this is just for kids.
  11. D

    Congress Should Start Planning for a Potential AI Crash Now, New Report Says

    +1 for "ban on surveillance-based business models" Also, they should mandate solar panel installations on the roof of all new data centers, to help alieviate the power demands.
  12. D

    FS - Netgate pfSense SG-5100 Firewall/Router

    What version of pfSense is currently installed?
  13. D

    Bipartisan Bill Would Impose New Annual Fee on Electric Vehicles

    There is no limit to the idiocracy of congress.
  14. D

    FS: SSD Memory: Samsung 990 EVO Plus 4TB, 970 Evo Plus 500gb and Sabrent Rocket 2280 256gb

    Maybe I could trade this guy a Yubikey for 4TB and make everyone's life better. :D
  15. D

    SOLD: UGREEN DXP8800 8-bay NAS

    Bump for someone out there wanting this...
Back
Top