Recent content by djneilson

  1. D

    Rate my Build!

    Eginurd, good point, I had not thought of that. Thanks everyone, I think I'm ready to buy the rig - I'll let you know how it all works out!
  2. D

    Rate my Build!

    Stock heat sink, so I'll stick to the issued compound :)
  3. D

    Rate my Build!

    thanks, that clarifies it for me.
  4. D

    Rate my Build!

    does FSB make a difference perfomance speed?
  5. D

    Rate my Build!

    I noticed that the boards are pretty much identical otherwise. I don't think I'd be needing all the features of the 45 BTW, I just thought it would be a good choice considering it's 15$ more with all the sales/MIR's
  6. D

    Rate my Build!

    Isn't there a speed difference between the two which would lead the p45 to have a greater lifespan? (both can go as fast, but the 45 would be working less hard to attain the same speed?)
  7. D

    Rate my Build!

    Thanks all- So here are my selections based upon your recs: 1. Radeon HD 4870 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Retail 2. CORSAIR CMPSU-650TX 650W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Compatible with Core i7...
  8. D

    Rate my Build!

    thrawn86, PCuser, Danny Bui - thanks for your great input. I will switch out for the 4870 and will offset the cost by replacing the power supply to the Corsair650. Just that alone will save me $50 or so. As far as the motherboard - I have used Asus in the past and simply went with a...
  9. D

    Rate my Build!

    Hi, I'm just an end user planning on building a second computer and was looking for some feedback before I build my new toy. FYI - this will be a general use and gaming computer (current games mainly, 2020-game technology not necessary), my budget is approx $800 (no shipping) and I already...
Back
Top