Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.
What I did was set the OS to blue screen instead of automatically rebooting, it said the error was an infinite loop caused by nv4_disp.dll, this is the Nvidia display driver, as soon as I bought an ATI card (X1800GTO) and installed it with the Omega drivers (b/c the CCC sucks in my opinion)...
All good, doesnt apply to me, all i play is CS 1.6 mostly, sometimes i play source, but rarely. Anyway, my advice to whoever is having this problem, eBay your Nvidia, and get an ATI.. life will alot less stressfull.
I got a X1800GTO and everything works fine, i've been playing CS 1.6 / Source for the last 2 hours, not one problem, not one freeze, its definately an Nvidia issue.
I got a X1800GTO and everything works fine, i've been playing CS 1.6 / Source for the last 2 hours, not one problem, not one freeze, its definately an Nvidia issue.
I got a X1800GTO and everything works fine, i've been playing CS 1.6 / Source for the last 2 hours, not one problem, not one freeze, its definately an Nvidia issue.
already tried that, I'm returning the 7600GT in about 30min, then driving up to microcenter and getting a X1800GTO -- i'll let you guys know how it works out
I've checked that so many time lol, it's been no help at all, nothing ever shows up there dealing with this problem. Not even in the application / security events. But, now that you mention it, once what I did was, I set my computer to so it doesnt reboot automatically on a system failure...
From most of the posts i've been reading its been an AMD and Nvidia problem, but i'm running Intel and having the same problem. So i've brought it down to it being Nvidia and dual core. I'm not really sure why your not having it, maybe the 7900gtx cards arent affected by it? I dont really...
Acutally the first link is still ongoing, and most of the people who have this problem are not fixed. And the second thread is one that I started myself, and it has everything to do with dual core, Im currently running a Pentium D 930 Dual Core 3.0 w/ 2GB DDR2 Ram, and a GeForce 7600 GT OC, and...
I noticed you have a 7900, before you decide to go dual core make sure you read up on posts about people who may have had problems with that vid card and dual core processors. Check these two posts out for reference.
http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=983781...
vSynch was already off, tried rate 30000, still got the same problem. I've been reading up on other posts, it seems that this is an issue with Nvidia cards and dual core processors. Many other people have had the exact same issue. Thanks for the help though.
- divxman
-- ElMoIsEviL - Thanks for the info, i'll definately look into those cards. Both are looking good to me so far, but if I get one it'll definately be the 512. I'm just happy they wont have problems with the dual core processor.
-- Proxy - It's definately not a CS 1.6 / Steam Problem - I used...
Okay, so right now here are my system specs.
Pentium D 930 Dual Core 3.0GHz
2GB DDR2 SDRAM
GeForce 7600 GT OC PCIe
Soundblaster Live! 5.1
-- The problem I have been having as you probably guessed is that 10-15min into any game, primarly CS 1.6 is what I play, the computer freezes up...
Okay, so right now here are my system specs.
Pentium D 930 Dual Core 3.0GHz
2GB DDR2 SDRAM
GeForce 7600 GT OC PCIe
Soundblaster Live! 5.1
-- The problem I have been having as you probably guessed is that 10-15min into any game, primarly CS 1.6 is what I play, the computer freezes up...