• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Recent content by DiscoCristo

  1. D

    XFX 7970 DD hole in cooler

    Finally after 3 months I have a answer to my quest: RMA DENIED. :) A card that worked for a couple of months/ has a hole in the cooler and probably had the corrosion on it when they refurbished it. off to the landfill it goes along with my brand loyalty, just now listed by 2 290x's think I...
  2. D

    R9 290/290X reference cooler

    if you don't get sorted I can keep an eye out for you, don't see any listings at the moment but they do pop up from time to time. Couple of days ago saw a card for $5 was like for a 290x? DEAL why is no one buying it, luckily i read the auction it was for the cooler only...
  3. D

    R9 290/290X reference cooler

    There are a few up for sale in ebay... I doubt a lot of people will sell theirs as they will void their warranty
  4. D

    What would you do in this awesome GPU situation?

    I would buy a packet of MLP stickers (in disguise) and stick it on the cards and box and return it to fedex. I would sleep soundly knowing somewhere someone got extremely confused...
  5. D

    XFX 7970 DD hole in cooler

    Water + copper + oxygen could make a greenish oxidation? I donno but here is the original pic when this all started. Cooler freshly removed with that "pure water" droplet on the gpu. I did touch it and it felt a bit like oil... http://i62.tinypic.com/k1tj5d.jpg and yes that was the original...
  6. D

    XFX 7970 DD hole in cooler

    I think unfortunately the card is dead... I get yellow stripes when I start the pc with the card. I am trying the XFX support route, I feel they can at least give me info how a RMA card can have such a failure as this is not something that should slip though quality control even for a...
  7. D

    XFX 7970 DD hole in cooler

    Hi Guys, I am making this thread to document how XFX is dealing with a latent defect in my 7970. Here is the story so far: I bought a XFX 7970 reference card at launch of the 7970, The card at the time cost a little over $750 (south african pricing) A few months in after certain driver...
Back
Top