Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.
I'm an industrial designer who dabbles in graphic design work. I would recommend an NEC as well. There is a guy on Ebay who sells refurbished NEC 2690's for around $700 dollars. He is an authorized dealer so it comes with a warranty. I emailed him and he will pull the monitor out of the box and...
I just wanted to give a good review to the guy on Ebay, Fran, who repairs monitors and sells repair kits. I think he got his ass reamed earlier on this thread. Sure, it's frustrating when you want your monitor to work and you have someone tell you not to use a candle. I doubted it at first but...
You definitely take a chance with a refurb. It looks like there is a 15% restocking fee for returning items that are not defective. The most you would be out is $27.00 plus shipping if you need to send it back.
Yeah, I'm pretty much spoiled with 30" 305T but if I was in the market this is what I would get.
I'm a big fan of these older S-PVA monitors. The blacks are really black and you don't get any strange sparkle effect like you do on some IPS screens. Viewing angle are also really good and the...
Just passing the word on this refurb deal:
http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?invtid=LP2465-R
Here is the PRAD review. They rated it 'very good'.
http://www.prad.de/en/monitore/review-hp-lp2465-part13.html#Conclusion
Revtec -
Thanks for the photos and info! I actually own the Samsung 305T with the same faulty chip. It shouldn't be too hard to find some wires that wake up the screen to work the fan. I will just poke around for a bit. Last night I used the monitor for about 5 hours and touched the top of...
Revtec - Have you had to re-burn the chip since doing the candle trick? I used a heat gun for about 1 minute on low and haven't had any issues since, going on 5 days now. I have my fingers crossed. I have the chip out of the case like your pictures.
Has anyone had success using a copper...
Maybe it's just me but my EA231WMi gives me serious eyes strain!
I have to take breaks from stairing at it when I work during the day. I'm not sure it's a by-product of the newer IPS technology or my refresh rate? My older S-PVA screen didn't have this problem at all and I could stair at it...
Absolutely agree with HowzThat. I just got my NEC IPS panel after spending about a month reading through all these threads. The monitor is really great. Nothing comes close to it in this price range.
Hey guys -
Sorry if this is a newbie question:
I'm trying to calibrate using a Spyder 3 unit (don't laugh) with datacolor software. First, what is the 'N' native mode? I see that I can only adjust the RGB sliders in settings 1,2,3 and 5 for color tweaking. Do I lose any color range/space...
In my opinion I think this monitor is definitely worthy of being a main work monitor for graphics, and even photo-editing depending on how picky you are. I can't comment on games because I don't play them. Is it the best for professional photo editing? Hell no! But the color on this monitor is...
First impression: Overall this monitor is great for the money.
Some negative and positive observations:
I'm not sure if it's just my screen but when I view the monitor from the right side (at an angle) the screen gets a slightly washy glow to it. When I view from the left side (at an...
My beloved SOYO 24" died last month. I had it for about 1.5 years or so. It worked absolutely excellent all the way until it would not turn on anymore. It just decided to quit out of the blue. I used it for graphic design and photo editing.
Luckily I bought the insurance from Office Max and...
For anyone that is interested:
I am selling one of my brand new SOYO 24" monitors. It's the 6ms VA version (good version) and works flawless. It has zero dead pixels as well. I bought two of these beauties and can't use both at the same time with my laptop. It comes in the original box...