Recent content by dino213aa

  1. D

    My RAID5 setup - your tips.

    Not really.. if the system crashed, we'd just treat it like a skipped disc and move on. The main reason we set this up was to reduce the need to pull CD's from the racks. This is convenient and also reduces the wear 'n tear to our discs. So, if this crashed mid song, we'd switch to a quick...
  2. D

    My RAID5 setup - your tips.

    Wow... "mission critical" sounds so serious.. I'd say more like "highly convenient" heh.. as for why Ultimate.. um.. I'd chalk it up to an overzealous station manager.
  3. D

    My RAID5 setup - your tips.

    Hey all, I do some work for a small public access station and recently helped them setup an external raid 5 to start storing digital copies of their CD archive. Once I got everything setup, I basically just pointed iTunes to the new drive and started importing CD's. Here's my hardware setup...
Back
Top