Recent content by daweinah

  1. D

    Best IPS 27" led, no aggressive AG, decent lag

    Is this the QNIX monitor being mentioned? http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BUI44US/ref=s9_simh_gw_p147_d0_i1?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=1QBNSCB4WMN0BK9WV76H&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1389517282&pf_rd_i=507846&tag=hardfocom-20
  2. D

    $1000 Silent Gaming PC

    Cool suggestion about the watercooled GPU, but that's out of budget for now and tbh likely more work than I'm interested in. But if the MSI turns out to be really loud I will definitely be coming back for more advice. For the fans I'm looking at Yate Loon D12SM-12. Supposed to be very high...
  3. D

    $1000 Silent Gaming PC

    Noooooooooooo!!! Thanks for the other recommendations. My PSU is the same one you recommended, but you had me worried for a sec. EDIT: I did score one sweet deal though. Video card updated to MSI Radeon HD 7850 which is now on sale for $209.99 after MIR @ Newegg.
  4. D

    $1000 Silent Gaming PC

    ekuest: Cool, will check out that program tiraides: mostly MMOs, but also FPS/RPGs like Mass Effect and Deus Ex, not really into FPS I am not an extreme O/Cer but I do like to tinker and I hear it's gotten much simpler since FSB and RAM divider settings are apparently a thing of the past. I...
  5. D

    $1000 Silent Gaming PC

    I've always felt that dragging and dropping files between drives caused some issues when the game tries to reload and can't find the files where it expects. EDIT: Also made some changes to the OP to reflect build suggestions.
  6. D

    $1000 Silent Gaming PC

    Ah, you replied while I was editing :) I know the H60 isn't silent, but from what I've read/youtubed it's pretty quiet and does a respectable job cooling.. plus, it's water cooling! When I made my last build that was just a dream, only suitable for extreme modders. I checked out SPCR. CAS was...
  7. D

    $1000 Silent Gaming PC

    I've been doing lots of research and I'm finally ready to put my proposed build before the public eye! 1) What will you be doing with this PC? Primarily gaming; also web browsing, remote tech support, productivity software 2) What's your budget? Are tax and shipping included? Shooting for $1000...
  8. D

    PC problem - very strange

    First step would be isolating the problem, and making sure its the motherboard's fault. I would suggest going to Fry's, buying a mobo that fits all your hardware and try booting with that. If everything works, you know its your mobos fault. If you still have issues, then its likely your ram or...
  9. D

    New budget WoW comp for brother's xmas gift

    Wow THANK YOU for pointing out the mobo/cpu combo deal! I changed to the build you suggested, saving me $40 and allowing me to put the HS&F back into the build. And why that RAM?
  10. D

    New budget WoW comp for brother's xmas gift

    bump! got a new budget and am able to make a MUCH stronger build
  11. D

    First home electrical job, what do you think?

    Uh that's pretty cool for a fan, I guess. =/
  12. D

    New budget WoW comp for brother's xmas gift

    I'm building a computer for my Christmas for my brother. My budget is about $150 for the video card and about $500 for the rest of the system, and he doesn't need a case or monitor. I'm surprised at how solid a build I was able to put together for this price. I really didn't have to skimp...
  13. D

    Samsung 2443BWX (new?) vs 245BW

    The display just got set up today at the Costco I work at. The menu buttons are those sweet heat sensitive spots where you just touch it and the menu pops up. I'm surprised it's not mentioned anywhere in the product info because that's a pretty sweet feature imo.
  14. D

    Samsung 2443BWX (new?) vs 245BW

    Found some more info on this panel.. 2443BWX: http://www.energystar.gov/index.cfm?fuseaction=find_a_product.showProductDetail&pd_id=1113883&pgw_code=MO&pd_code=MON&resultsPerPage=889&sortParameter=brand_name&startnum=1&letter=ALL...
  15. D

    Samsung 2443BWX (new?) vs 245BW

    I've searched for the 2443BWX but could hardly come up with any decent reviews, pics or specs.. even Samsung's product page doesn't show anything clearly. I'm wondering if its a brand new product? I was finally able to find this product brochure that has basically everything you need to know...
Back
Top