• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Recent content by Dave88LX

  1. D

    Best value motherboard/CPU/RAM solution for ~$300? No OC, family system

    I see where you're coming from and maybe I am also stubborn in regards to lower capability hardware at the same price (even if capabilities may not be used today). I do want to retain the option to upgrade the processor down the line if we want. Won't be running more than 4 monitors, probably...
  2. D

    Best value motherboard/CPU/RAM solution for ~$300? No OC, family system

    I appreciate your input. Yes mostly the full Photoshop suite is what she'd be working with (Photshop, Lightroom, that stuff). Let me ask you this question though about motherboards -- if I can get a $130-140 Z170 mobo for $80-90 w/ sales and rebates, would it not be worth buying to have for a...
  3. D

    Best value motherboard/CPU/RAM solution for ~$300? No OC, family system

    As I read, I see pointing toward Z170 to run increased memory speeds. http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2015-intel-core-i3-6100-review
  4. D

    Best value motherboard/CPU/RAM solution for ~$300? No OC, family system

    I do not have a graphics card (well I do, I have one in my current system I could move in, and then upgrade myself), but I do not need anything extravagant. If a motherboard came with integrated graphics, that would probably be suitable for the time being to get up and running. Can always add...
  5. D

    Best value motherboard/CPU/RAM solution for ~$300? No OC, family system

    I have an EVGA X58 board with an i7-920 chip and 6 GB of Corsair XMS3 DDR3. The motherboard is not working, and I don't want to spend the money on another LGA1366 solution. What would you say is the best-for-the-money motherboard/CPU/RAM combination for around $300? No overclocking needed...
  6. D

    EVGA X58, i7-920 CPU, 6GB Corsair XMS3 - bad motherboard, what next?

    That's just so crazy that a board that old can still fetch that much. Curios, what would a comparable new board for these chips run, or is there not one? Or is it a price:performance thing?
  7. D

    EVGA X58, i7-920 CPU, 6GB Corsair XMS3 - bad motherboard, what next?

    I wish I'd revisited this site and caught your message/PM. Not sure if you are still active around here but replied to your PM. Amazed that LGA 1366 boards are still so much. Hard to pull the trigger on one of those boards.
  8. D

    EVGA X58, i7-920 CPU, 6GB Corsair XMS3 - bad motherboard, what next?

    Yeah I was surprised at how much they were going for still! I was thinking I might have to do that, new chip and board; wasn't sure if the memory could be re-used or not (backwards compatibility or anything). Just hate to waste these parts. Are there other LGA1366 boards out there half-way...
  9. D

    EVGA X58, i7-920 CPU, 6GB Corsair XMS3 - bad motherboard, what next?

    I built a system around the following parts a few years back. I believe my motherboard is bad based on this thread here: http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1870628&highlight= I'm mostly certain my CPU and RAM is still OK. I want to get this going again without having to purchase...
  10. D

    EVGA X58 error: "F3 F6 b8" cycling

    Well that's pretty darn disappointing. I hope I can find someone to borrow some stuff from so I can replace the faulty component. It's an older system, but perfect for what I use it for.
  11. D

    EVGA X58 error: "F3 F6 b8" cycling

    F3/F6 & a reboot cycle. Repeatedly.
  12. D

    Air Compressor

    Those don't have tanks to build pressure.
  13. D

    EVGA X58 error: "F3 F6 b8" cycling

    I've found that many people have had this problem, but nobody has really revisited their threads to say what the problem ended up being...LOL
  14. D

    EVGA X58 error: "F3 F6 b8" cycling

    socK, I'll try that when I get home and post what I find. magoo, I have three 2-GB sticks. I tried all three using one at a time, in the correct single-RAM slot, and there were no changes. I can't imagine all three sticks went bad concurrently, but I suppose it's possible. No crazy...
  15. D

    Photoshop editing rig w/ monitor, ground-up build, $1500-$1700 budget

    How can I make sure I'm not getting ripped doing this?
Back
Top