• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Recent content by dannybgoode

  1. D

    How to tell what memory I have

    You could also go to www.crucial.com and run their memory checker. This will tell you what you have and also what you the maximum speed and amount of ram you can add. Very useful if you just want a quick check. Cheers Danny B
  2. D

    Memory not detected on ZE5600 laptop...(really weird one!)

    Difficult to diagnose over a forum as it could be a number of things but a couple of things to try. First of all remove the memory completely and reinstall it and check that it is seated properly (apologies if you know to do this). If your brave you could try putting on an anti static wrist...
  3. D

    What's so great about Eizo monitors??

    @snowdog - My apologies, I stand corrected. @nomu - its good to hear that we in the UK are not the ones getting fleeced by exchange rates for once as its usually the other way round! Still maintain its a good screen though and bear in mind I did have the HP LP2475W and I do now have the...
  4. D

    What's so great about Eizo monitors??

    psyside - sorry to disagree with you (again :) ) but Eizo S2242W = £430, Del 2408 - £400-£440 depending on where you buy. Eizo has better warranty and an internal 10 bit LUT, the Dell does not plus the Eizo is using the very latest spec S-PVA panel which is honestly not bad at all. Using a...
  5. D

    What's so great about Eizo monitors??

    There's a long discussion on the Eizo S2242w versus IPS screens http://http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1436562 - here. One thing to remember, whilst it is a 22" screen it does have a 1920x1200 resolution. I've got one and if you (can be bothered to :) ) read the post you'll see that...
  6. D

    Photography Work Monitor 600€

    Thank you for taking time to respond so comprehensively. I know the debate is an old one but it is a new subject to me and it has been very interesting and educational. I agree with all your points and as stated in my previous posts I'd love the NEC monitor but it is substantially (for my...
  7. D

    NEC 2490WUXi - The Full Story

    @webzeb - would you be interested in a 26" screen. novatech.co.uk have the Hazro HZ26Wi in stock at the moment for £460 (don't know the Euro conversion at the moment) and that has a polarizer as far as I'm aware. Also H-IPS and excellent connectivity. Black levels aren't fantastic though with...
  8. D

    Photography Work Monitor 600€

    I absolutely agree with you. I posted the pictures of my monitor to prove me wrong and the other contributors to this discussion right as it is an important poitn and one that people absolutely should be made aware of. I am open minded and happy to demonstrate my own experiences where...
  9. D

    Photography Work Monitor 600€

    I suppose it depends what you define as colour critical work. I'm an enthusiastic amateur who does some photo retouching and some computer art - mainly sketching and manga. Is my work absolutely colour critical? No. Does the Eizo do what I want at the price I can afford - absolutely yes...
  10. D

    Photography Work Monitor 600€

    Do let me now what you decide to go for and how you get on... Danny B
  11. D

    Photography Work Monitor 600€

    Right - here are the test pics I took. The one from Toastyx clearly shows a brightness shift left to right but I don't notice this as much 'in the flesh so to speak. The two test shots front and side on are pretty good although there is some clour wash perceptible. The final shot is an...
  12. D

    Photography Work Monitor 600€

    I'll take some pics tonight. To be honest until I saw Toasty's test picture (yes I have looked at the original) I didn't really know what I was looking for. Yes I do see some shift right to left (left being brighter) but its honestly not that noticable. I agree this may be subjective but its...
  13. D

    Photography Work Monitor 600€

    Having checked toastyx's picture I can see the difference but its not huge. I'm happy to post a pic tonight when I get chance as I don't think is as pronounced on this screen. Could just be me but happy to be judged! The main issue for is that my budget is no more than £430. Yes, I'd love...
  14. D

    HP LP2475w (Possible new IPS)

    Thanks toastyx. I also found this site site which has some excellent test images and yes, I can see what you mean now webzeb. However, given my price range I'd still have the Eizo over the HP given the major issues with the panel quality on the HP and also the shift isn't as bad as on earlier...
Back
Top