• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Recent content by cyberblogger

  1. C

    Liquid metal sucks long term.

    Problem with liquid metal it reacts with aluminum and solidifies. Problem is most cpu lids are aluminum too so they too react with it. Its really only designed for bare die chips with copper coolers and even then, they should seal the liquid metal mating surfaces from the air so contamination...
  2. C

    Intel Ditching 24 Pin Power Connector on Motherboards

    They should just go with an xt-90 connectors for every 12V 80A instance. There is so many things wrong engineering wise with using multiple pins for the same voltage.
  3. C

    AMD blames motherboard makers for burnt-out CPUs

    You see, motherboard manufacturers get the specs of the processor 2-3 years before the processor is released. Now since they went to packaging 3rd party no one touches the 2-3 yr old firmware and already shipped things off to distributors. Then in the meantime the outsourced work to make the...
  4. C

    Has AMD busted itself trying to beat Intel?

    Well both of them ended up making weak sauce chip sets. If I could make enough to get the cost down, I would just make my own motherboard. But a lot of their crap they made two years before it comes out. Btw its about time the GPU that is 2.5 times faster than the 5040 should be surfacing in the...
  5. C

    Another reason why I prefer Supermicro motherboards

    You do pay a premium but its not Chinese junk like most of the other motherboards. You get real hard drive controllers and they always used premium parts in their builds. They tried a long time ago to have boards assembled cheaper in China, but the boards that got built they recalled them...
  6. C

    Another reason why I prefer Supermicro motherboards

    Its kind of low impact since most including me don't run IPMI on the regular network and I remembering patching the bios on my machines.
  7. C

    Another reason why I prefer Supermicro motherboards

    A reason why I don't buy Asus boards: https://youtu.be/xC8qfXxAhAw
  8. C

    Another reason why I prefer Supermicro motherboards

    This is the reason why I prefer Supermicro boards. Because they do check things like this so this doesn't happen: https://youtu.be/BTjj1ILCwRs
  9. C

    GeForce FX 5800 Ultra in Film Box! Near Mint in Box! L@@K RARE in this BOX!

    An AGP video card. Some one did get robbed.
  10. C

    Noctua NH-D15 G2

    On a cheap quality board like that, its mostly caused by uneven torque mounting. That would have a tendency to warp overtime anyways. Because they are about half the thickness of a quality board.
  11. C

    Arrow Lake 2024 (and beyond)

    I'm waiting for them to drop a little. Till then I'm playing with an engineering sample of a broadcom SS26-0B00-00 to use as the chip set instead of the consumer crap chip sets they suggest to use and make a board with 8 x16 slots that are all x16 slots.
  12. C

    Noctua NH-D15 G2

    They don't really have any consideration for the board it gets put in. One thing someone might do is use a copper block or a bunch of shims and raise it 8mm higher or more that way, and of course use something like a threaded end standoff to extend the mounting to the bracket studs.
  13. C

    "Confronting ASUS"

    All these boards are overpriced junk. After evaluating the B550 plus I determined its no better build than a $60 motherboard. Slots that are shared resources, voltage regulators not sized correctly, Not enough capacitor filtering and a poor impedance ground plane. If I had a processor that could...
  14. C

    Noctua NH-D15 G2

    A lot of it is going to be marginal since the surface area increase is not that much and the thermal paste composition is much more critical and there is a lot of junk that they sell in syringes now that remind me of the cheap putty stuff you had to add alcohol to to make it pliable again to...
  15. C

    Arrow Lake 2024 (and beyond)

    Only ones that require a certain level of 3d graphics cards. Some don't use 3d graphics objects. But its not a functionality of the audio part of the DAW or the processing of plugins
Back
Top