• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Recent content by customj

  1. C

    Issues with digital sound from my Asus M3N78-VM

    I believe the download link is here: http://nvidia.s3.amazonaws.com/HDAudioWin.zip This allowed me to select NVIDIA HDMI Output as my playback device in the sound options. However, this was a long time ago, and the default chipset drivers may have changed by now. Check the default nvidia...
  2. C

    Issues with digital sound from my Asus M3N78-VM

    I have the same board, and the VIA drivers from Asus didn't help any. I had to download the Nvidia hd audio fix, and it's been problem free ever since (running anything from stereo PCM to 7.1 DTS to a HK 254)
  3. C

    Help finding musical subwoofer for small room.

    The HSU sub suggested is a very nice unit. Since you're looking for a musical sub, you can also take a look at the av123 x-sub. I got mine when it first came out a few years back and have been very very happy (paired with Energy C5s in about the same size room). There's some b-stock black satin...
  4. C

    movie browser?

    It looks like Movie Collector isn't standalone either? I'll second the MediaPortal suggestion, and the TV Series plugin
  5. C

    HDMI to DVI, help me out real quick :)

    I'm glad the OP already knows about monoprice. Buy from there, and get a single type of cable and then the converters you need, ie get a DVI-D cable and DVI to HDMI converter, or HDMI cable and HDMI to DVI converter. It can only introduce problems further down the line one new equipment...
  6. C

    Can two PC's play the same music at the same exact time ?

    SqueezeCenter is over LAN, and as I said before, personal testing has yielded very good results (wireless connection, several computers, no audible lag). Yes, cables are cheap, but it's easier for me to download SqueezeCenter and put in an IP address than it is to buy cables online, wait for...
  7. C

    Can two PC's play the same music at the same exact time ?

    I'm going to second the SqueezeCenter option. I had to do this exact same thing for part of a software project, and while we considered an audio stream (using winamp or vlc) SqueezeCenter and SoftSqueeze came out on top. Testing with two machines using wireless in the same room, there was no...
  8. C

    Washed iPod

    my phone took a little trip through seawater a few years back. I just let it dry in the summer sun near a window for a few days, and it worked fine for years after that.
  9. C

    HELP!!! Looking for Simpson Wallpaper....

    The title of the picture is actually "The Simpsons - River" if that helps at all (eg http://www.allposters.com/-sp/The-Simpsons-River-Posters_i847783_.htm) I couldn't find any pictures without watermarks though
  10. C

    1080p x264 capable media center app?

    oh yeah, I must have been remembering my zoomplayer settings. I have the "Launch files in fullscreen" option checked in MPC, so it should work without any command line switches
  11. C

    1080p x264 capable media center app?

    yup, no problem. To set it up, just open the MP configuration, and under Movies->Movie Player, check the option for External Player. Then, for parameters, I use "/play /close /fullscreen" Explanations for these parameters can be found under MPC's Help menu->Command Line Switches. Hope this helps!
  12. C

    1080p x264 capable media center app?

    I actually use MediaPortal and have it launch MPC for videos. It's seamless and it's supported by default. All you have to do is figure out if you prefer WMC or MediaPortal
  13. C

    Remote Control Question

    What programs do you want to control? I'm using a USBUIRT (usb IR receiver) and Girder (pay for software) to give me some more flexibility over what I want to control. depending on what you want to do, it may or may not be overkill
  14. C

    ATI Radeon HD 3870 X2 Drawing

    could sure use an upgrade to my 7300gt
Back
Top