• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Recent content by ctrlhomer

  1. C

    Achieva Shimian QH270| $400 IPS 2560x1440 Korean Monitor

    I ordered the Pixel Prefect Catleap from BigClothCraft on Monday shipped out Thursday and arrived Friday, crazy shipping. That's not even the most crazy part I got a 2B panel!!! Most amazing looking monitor I have ever got.
  2. C

    monitor for "dark games" - eg. mass effect

    I just started playing though mass effect 1/2 this past weekend using the s24a650d, the games were playable outside of mass effect 1 being a horrible port. Only way I really noticed issues was if I was "trying" to force ghosting to happen. My previous monitor the Dell 2209wa, showed all the same...
  3. C

    Samsung S27A650D for games?

    I sit somewhat close, and when I lean back the picture gets even better. When I was leaning back when I had my u2711's the picture got worse, most likely from the heavy backlight bleeding. For me to cause major color/black/white shifts you need to be viewing from a unrealistic angle. If you...
  4. C

    Samsung S27A650D for games?

    Finally got to put some time in with the monitor. Following Zod's outline 1. Black/White crush. Easily fixed by finding a good position for the monitor. 2. Using the Fastest response gave no impression of ghosting for me since I don't really play high action fast paced game I did not...
  5. C

    Samsung S27A650D for games?

    I just got it today. Much better looking picture compared to the u2711. Blacks and whites are really black and white. I do not have a fast paced game installed to test, but sc2/d3 had no noticeable issues. Mine came with no stuck/dead pixels, flawless backlight uniformity. Just a slight edge...
  6. C

    Looking for a cheap $99 Monitor

    http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1781468&CatId=164 Would this fit the bill? I got similar monitors for a few servers of my own.
  7. C

    Samsung S24A650

    After being very disappointed with the IPS/PLS 27inch monitors, most recent being the u2711, I have been searching for a new 24inch monitor instead. I now prefer to just spend 1/3 the cost and deal with minor issues. I do not really play FPSers, but I do play just about everything else. And I...
  8. C

    Samsung S27A950D 120Hz

    I have not be able to find a clear cut answer to this but does the Samsung SA950D have any extreme color shifts when viewing at it straight on? I have tried purchasing other TN panels in the past and returned them all, I experienced this http://i.imgur.com/7P3K9.jpg (top of the screen darker...
Back
Top