Recent content by Crake8

  1. C

    Applying Super Lube to mechnical keyboard

    I ordered http://www.amazon.com/Super-Lube-21030-Synthetic-Grease/dp/B000XBH9HI
  2. C

    Applying Super Lube to mechnical keyboard

    Need to use small amount and a q-tip would probably leave strands behind.
  3. C

    Applying Super Lube to mechnical keyboard

    I have a WASD keyboard. WASD sells Super Lube packets, but I am getting a tube from Amazon. WASD states that you use a very little amount - a little packet should do 10 keyboards per the WASD's description. I am mainly going to lubricate the stabilizers on my spacebar and some other...
  4. C

    Help finding a new Mechanical Keyboard

    WASD has different switches to choose and are standard layouts and no lights.
  5. C

    Is this the same lubricant that WASD uses for its keyboards?

    never mind, i found answer
  6. C

    Are 970s boosting higher than their specifications state?

    I have a Gigabyte GTX 970 G1. Its published (on spec sheet) base is 1178 and it is supposed to boost to 1329. But mine has a core speed of 1177 and boosts to 1392 per RivaTuner. I have found messages posted on other forums of others getting the same 1392 on the same card also. I looked up...
  7. C

    GTX680 okay for gaming in 2560 x 1440 at high settings?

    Dell has sale now, but I assume they will have another one. I guess I will wait until summer when the 880s and 870s are released.
  8. C

    GTX680 okay for gaming in 2560 x 1440 at high settings?

    I am thinking of getting a Dell U2713HM. I have a PC I built with an I7 3770K CPU 8 gigs of ram, solid state drive and GTX680. Currently I have a 1920 X 1080 and play games at ultra to near ultra settings well. Looking at benchmarks, it seems in most modern games, you get 80+ fps in 1080...
  9. C

    Dell U2713 coming soon

    Sounds nice. That testing shows it has no PWM. This seems to confim (assuming it uses the same technology for brightness) that I found with a May 2012 made U2312HM - I found no PWM in my testing even at 0% brightness. Per article: "Interestingly the Dell U2713HM appears to not use PWM at...
  10. C

    Eyestrain sucess stories when switching from 60hZ to 120hz???

    Best thing I found for eyestrain was using bias lighting - put a lighting source behind the monitor. I think it keeps your eyes from dilating as much from brightness changes on the monitor. Plus it makes contrast look better on the monitor.
  11. C

    Return Policies

    Make sure it is sold/fulfilled by Amazon. If by a third party merchant, on Amazon, you have to go by that company's policy. I have never bought on Buy.com but if the item is marked with the 45-day or 30-day return you can return it, and I think Buy.com pays return shipping although terms...
  12. C

    Catleap with 7850 small random areas of pixelation

    Return merchandise agreement. Return for replacement or refund for defective item.
  13. C

    23-24" monitor for gaming? U2412M?

    I only had the 2450 for a week and it has been over a month so I do not recall. I do not remember a problem in that area.
  14. C

    Does Dell U2312HM not use PWM for brightness control?

    Something else of note: I tried a new HP 2311XI (the new HP IPS monitor) and it had no flicker, as far as the pencil waving test showed - even on lowest settings. I did not do the camera test on it, but it showed no signs of strobe effect from waving a pencil/etc. in front of it - same as my...
Back
Top