• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Recent content by Craftyman_

  1. C

    Want to watercool my first graphics card, where should I start?

    Ok I will give them a look. I admit having the CPU in on the loop never crossed my mind because I figured I already had the closed loop cooler, but what you are saying makes a lot of sense. I originally decided to put the card under water because of A. how hot the 290 runs (and how well it...
  2. C

    Want to watercool my first graphics card, where should I start?

    huh? why would I get a CPU block? My 3570k is a bad clocker, it takes insane voltage to get it to just 4.5ghz (i'm talking like 1.4v+). Im not interested in pushing it further because it's just a headache to overclock about 4.2ghz Oh wait I get it! I should include the CPU in the loop? that...
  3. C

    Want to watercool my first graphics card, where should I start?

    So I'm going to be getting a reference 290 whenever possible (shop I'm buying from doesn't have any stock in yet) and will be using this EK full cover waterblock I also want to get this backplate I have read a couple of guides on watercooling but I am painfully new to it. I think I have...
  4. C

    No surprise here, XFX 290 DD VRM temps over 100c at stock volts

    Ah yes, XFX's patented water boiling feature. I had an XFX card once and it was awful, glad I didn't pick up an XFX 290 when I could have, though I was tempted! :D
  5. C

    MSI R9 290X Lightning Launched

    I'm drooling over this card, I wish I could afford it :(
  6. C

    Titanfall and Crossfire

    I'm not even sure how this artifacting came about. I've literally never seen it in any other game like this apart from on dying video cards. I really hope they get this schist fixed soon because even with crossfire turned off there is lighting flickering that sears my eyes like a japanese...
  7. C

    MSI gaming cards are a joke and the warranty is a joke

    Yeah their GAMING line seems very subpar but the Lightning line is top notch.
  8. C

    Galaxy Abandons North American GPU Market @ [H]

    Such a shame :( I liked Galaxy and less competition = bad.
  9. C

    Upgrading my GTX 660 Ti?

    Yeah I'd say wait it out for big maxwell, OP. It's only a few months away (hopefully).
  10. C

    Non-Reference R9 290s Options

    The Tri-X OC is beaten out in cooling performance by the Powercolor PCS+ and the newest hottest (coolest) card the MSI Lighting 290x, but the Tri-X OC is still very very good. If you want the best cooling though, get a reference card and watercool it with a nice EK block and backplate :D
  11. C

    DX12 to be announced on March 20th

    I really hope this won't be windows 9 only.
  12. C

    Dynamic Vsync

    120hz 2233RZ + 120-ish frame limiter works great for weeding out most of the tearing and being very pleasing to the eye. Although I do sort of miss the ludicrously low input lag on my samsung 226BW. Image quality kinda sucks but doesn't bother me.
  13. C

    Corsair H100 Extreme Perf. Liquid CPU Cooler Review @ [H]

    Great review, really looking forward to getting this (or maybe an H120? ;)) on my next system which'll be Ivy Bridge probably.
  14. C

    Zalman entering Graphics Card market

    Does anyone else find it odd that a cooling solution company is moving into graphics cards? I suppose they don't actually make the card themselves, perhaps they're rebrands?
  15. C

    Dynamic Vsync

    Hmm, interesting I didn't realize v-sync/triple buffering added to input lag?? Is that true?
Back
Top