• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Recent content by cpufrost

  1. C

    Golden gate

    The big drop will be 28 as there will be no Rosetta!
  2. C

    Socket A Boards - still in service?

    I was running XP using a firewire board and MOTO interface (this was a DAW) and did not have many issues. XP 64bit edition, OTOH, was a whole other beast especially with >4GB RAM.
  3. C

    Socket A Boards - still in service?

    I wish I never parted with my Iwill MPX2 which was a dual socket-A board with PCI-X slots.
  4. C

    Welding new power connectors to the RTX 5090

    Amateurs. I've been saying this for a while. Anderson connectors to dedicated switcher. On card, block that can accept 2AWG copper. Think car audio amps.
  5. C

    iPhone 18 Pro And iPhone Duo

    It does but the wrap around glass is kind of a nightmare to protect. And I HATE microscratches! I guess a film type plastic protector over the main screen area like OnePlus puts on their phones will have to suffice.
  6. C

    iPhone 18 Pro And iPhone Duo

    I'm not too worried about longevity as I get phones all the time. And recording 4K60 ProRes requires external storage. I guess my main beef is the $500 surcharge over last year's 2TB and using cheaper QLC.
  7. C

    iPhone 18 Pro And iPhone Duo

    One thing I do NOT like is the 1TB and 2TB variants now have QLC flash along with serious price hikes. The SLC cache makes it a non issue for what most use the phone for but long term endurance remains to be seen. Users needing that much storage tend to fill their devices with LOG footage and...
  8. C

    iPhone 18 Pro And iPhone Duo

    And I would also think that is why this is the "easiest" year to get preorders on release day. My 2TB 17PM cost $1999 last year. To replace it with the same storage today is $500 more! With today's economy most people aren't spending that much on phones. The 18 is more like an S upgrade and...
  9. C

    iPhone 18 Pro And iPhone Duo

    iPhone Duo at $1999 for 256GB is surely going to sell out in this market. Finally, UDC on the main display! Cannot wait to snag one or two even!
  10. C

    Pixel 11 / Pixel 11 Pro / Pixel 11 Pro XL / Pixel 11 Pro Fold

    Yeah when the 9 Pro XL came out I was always picking up the wrong phone (other was iPhone 16 Pro Max) LOL.
  11. C

    Liquid metal sucks long term.

    Aluminum is a big no no for sure. Biggest mistake with this compound is using too much. Surfaces its applied to should just be shiny like a freshly tinned soldering iron tip. No globules or piles anywhere. Those will run out and if your case is holding the motherboard vertical, it's not going...
  12. C

    Liquid metal sucks long term.

    Yup, I remember 17 years ago getting that insulin syringe full of Coollaboratory Liquid Metal Pro. It wasn't even a retail product yet. Seemed to be amazing but also wrecked the surfaces. Not something you'd want to put on OEM parts under warranty or retail while in remorse period. It's not...
  13. C

    Pixel 11 / Pixel 11 Pro / Pixel 11 Pro XL / Pixel 11 Pro Fold

    Awesome phone and Wonda is fast. Google can shove it. Not even on the same plane as any flagship with their trash tensor garbage.
  14. C

    So why cards?

    Cloud gaming may solve the platform dependency problem but not everyone has a sub 5ms FTTP internet feed to make the experience good.
  15. C

    How much RAM you got?

    I've got boxes of pieces but they're SIMMS, SDRAM, RDRAM, some DDR and DDR2. Converting those to DDR5 is basically alchemy changing lead into gold at this point! 🙃
Back
Top