• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Recent content by cpotter638

  1. C

    Presumed hardware issue. Need diagnosis help.

    MOBO has 20 pin connecter. And a separate 4 pin connector. Reconnected original PSU (was testing a different one last night). Connected both 20 pin and 4 pin. With power connected, got red LED light glowing on MOBO. Presume this just means MOBO is powered. Anyway, tried to turn on...
  2. C

    Presumed hardware issue. Need diagnosis help.

    I can try this as well. Haven't underclocked / overclocked previously, but I assume should be relatively easy via BIOS
  3. C

    Presumed hardware issue. Need diagnosis help.

    Hadn't thought of this. Currently, I've got HD connect to MOBO, but no power run to it. Have just been trying to load UBCD via CD-rom. Won't load this. Computer completely powers down / turns off. When I get home, I'll pull video card, attempt to boot UBCD via CD-rom, and see if computer...
  4. C

    Presumed hardware issue. Need diagnosis help.

    Swapped out PSU with verified working PSU. No change. Don't have a spare video card. Did remove video card. Made sure contacts were clean. Re-seated. No change.
  5. C

    Presumed hardware issue. Need diagnosis help.

    Have 2 Ram sticks. Removed 1 at a time. Same result.
  6. C

    Presumed hardware issue. Need diagnosis help.

    Antec case with Antec PSU Soltek SL-K8AN2E-GR AMD Athlon 2800+ Kingston 400 DDR 2 Gig Seagate Barracuda - don't have spec with me. Generic video card / CD drive. Can't remember manufacture / specs. But can post later tonight. I have not pulled off heatsink. Visually, not terribly...
  7. C

    Presumed hardware issue. Need diagnosis help.

    Self built desktop (approximately 8 yrs old) with Windows XP Pro. Has been working without problem. No recent hardware / driver changes. Computer now with boot problem. BIOS will POST. But computer abruptly turns off during driver loading. Happens every time after cold / warm reboot. Have...
  8. C

    NAS build around Norco 4220

    I'm doing a similar NAS build. Just received my 4220 last night. Had a question re: items included in Norco "accessory box". All items are pictured in below photo. My question - what are the items in the photo? I assume the 2 u-shaped brackets are for an redunant PSU or for PSU units that...
  9. C

    Home NAS. Xeon E3-1220 vs E3-1230

    Building a home NAS. Using FreeNAS 0.8 with ZFS. NAS will be primarily for data storage. Have a home control system (Control4) which will pull from NAS and distribute audio / video. Going with Supermicro X9SCM-F for MOBO. Was planning on E3-1230 for CPU. However, today Newegg has combo...
  10. C

    Need 2U PSU for Norco RPC-2212

    I'm building my 1st NAS. Planning on the following setup: FreeNAS 0.8 with ZFS & Raidz2 Case: Norco RPC-2212 case MOBO: Supermicro X9SCM-F CPU: Intel E3-1230 Memory: 2x Crucial 4Gb DDR3 SDRAM ECC Unbuffered Hard drives: Initial setup: 6x Seagate 2.0Tb Barracuda Green Potential...
  11. C

    Building 1st NAS - Need case

    I'm planning on building my 1st NAS. Current setup in mind includes: Initially 6 hard drives. Want the ability to expand the system to a toal of 12 HD down the road. I have purchased the inital set of drives (6x 2.0TB Seagate Barracuda Green). Case: Down to 3 options: Fractal...
  12. C

    Motherboard for DIY NAS

    I've decided to go with a Supermicro board. Either the X9SCM-F or X9SCL+-F. Extra PCI-E & 2x SATA 6.0 worth the $20 extra for the X9SCM-F? Also, what is the cheapest processor that will work with these boards? i3-2100? Or will Pentium (such as G620) work?
  13. C

    Motherboard for DIY NAS

    I know next to nothing re: IPMI console. Basically, this allows you to manange remotely on the LAN? Via Winsows 7 computer? IPMI easy to set up?
  14. C

    Motherboard for DIY NAS

    What is the cheapest processor that will work with the X9SCL+-F? Supermicro site says "Intel® Xeon® processor E3-1200 family, Intel® 2nd Generation Core i3 & Intel® Pentium® family processors". I assume the Celeron's (such as G530) will not work? What about Pentium G620? Or do you have to...
  15. C

    Motherboard for DIY NAS

    Ok. I'm officially giving up on Sata 6.0. Need 6x (some combo of sata2 & sata3). Intel LAN is a must however. At least one. Possibly 2. Doing software raid with ZFS. Don't need hardware Raid.
Back
Top