Recent content by CP5670

  1. C

    Help decide S27A750 or S27A950

    I have a S27A750D and people were saying the backlights on these have better quality control than the 950 model, due to the way the latter's stand is attached. There are probably bigger differences between individual monitors than the two different models though. The black levels in a pitch...
  2. C

    Samsung S27A750D 120Hz

    I'm still seeing those flickering pixels/snow every now and then. They tend to appear on gray gradients or on random lines of text. I can't be completely sure that this is the DP converter's fault, but they do disappear at 100hz. This is increasingly getting annoying despite being rare, since...
  3. C

    24" Widescreen CRT (FW900) From Ebay arrived,Comments.

    I use this method on a different CRT (Mitsubishi 2070SB) and it works perfectly, although this is on XP. This is the only 100% reliable method I know of for forcing refresh rates in every situation. Windows will complain about an unsigned driver (if it doesn't, it hasn't loaded the inf...
  4. C

    Samsung S27A750D 120Hz

    The green flickering pixels I mentioned earlier only appear at 120hz and not at 60hz or 100hz, so I'm wondering if it's something related to the DP converter. Maybe its bandwidth is being maxed out or something. They are pretty rare but do occasionally show up in unexpected places on text and...
  5. C

    Samsung S27A750D 120Hz

    It worked out of the box for me once I put the DP driver on. Make sure you load the inf file in the device manager, as Windows sometimes fails to override the default plug and play driver otherwise. The driver actually has no 60hz option at 1920x1080 (which is a good thing), only 120hz and...
  6. C

    Samsung S27A750D 120Hz

    I'm still struggling to get fixed aspect scaling working on this. The Nvidia drivers can do it but drop down to 60hz and apparently treat the monitor as a TV when GPU scaling is enabled. If I force 120hz in Rivatuner, the scaling no longer works. Is this an actual limitation or a driver glitch...
  7. C

    Samsung S27A750D 120Hz

    I set up my S27A750D and that Atlona converter yesterday. Here are some impressions: The converter works quite nicely. It adds essentially no input lag. I tried out that input lag test program and some photos indicate that the total lag is under 1ms compared to the CRT. The cables on the...
  8. C

    Samsung S27A750D 120Hz

    I jumped on this earlier today as well, from Tigerdirect's Amazon storefront. They have run out of stock again now but the $400 price doesn't seem to be a mistake. I will just try that Atlona DP400 converter. That one EVGA forum post is the only report out there of anyone using it on a 120hz...
  9. C

    Samsung S27A750D 120Hz

    Thanks for the reply. The 4:3 option should be good enough. I mainly want that for old games since the video card driver support for that can be dodgy. Yeah, I was referring to games. I think there is some alternate mode that does the 3D processing on the monitor end and works in any...
  10. C

    Samsung S27A750D 120Hz

    I'm looking at buying this monitor after holding out on a 2070 CRT for several years. I missed the Tiger deal by a day unfortunately, although I was planning on getting one anyway. Maybe I will wait a bit and see if any more deals come up. I have an old GTX 280 without DP (might upgrade in a few...
Back
Top