A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!
Happy to oblige.
However you may wish to consider the Benq as well as IMO has better picture quality but if you can get a deal from Dell then by all means. I just wished Dell could've enabled 1080P via component..like the Benq does.
Aspect means it keeps the 16:9 ratio as opposed to fill which streches it to 16:10.
However the stretch is so minimal you won't notice it. Scaling is the more accurate term when we're talking about displaying 720P on a 1080P monitor.
Anyways here are the screen shots from Genji on PS3 on dell...
I will take a screenshot for you later tonight.
I think you are confusing resolution with aspect ratio.
If you set the input display to aspect ratio it will keep that 16:9 so it will not look stretched.
And trust me there is little difference between 16:10 and 16:9.
Do you currently have this...
Trust me, because of aspect ratio, it wil not look stretched. There are 1080P games for your information and more will come about as the console matures.
I have the PS3 hooked up via HDMI-DVI on this monitor and it looks great.
I have set it to fill and honestly it doesn't matter which if you're using aspect, or fill it won't look stretch at all. 1:1 doesn't work well actually with the PS3 with this monitor as it produces screen tearing.
In...
PS3 has 3 sound output options.
1) HDMI
2) Optical
3) A/V multi-out
Guessing from your step up, you will use the A/V multi-out.
Get the PS3, you will enjoy it :)
I have both myself and play more with my PS3 than my xbox.
In the future when you get the 5.1 setup, make sure the receiver box...
I received my Dell 2407 just the other day.
I was playing God of War II (ps2 game) on my PS3 via the HDMI-DVI.
I started to notice that from time to time if I was moving katros around really fast there seems to be a problem with refresh or sync or panning of the screen.
Does anyone else...