Recent content by Cofn

  1. C

    Need Help - IBM X3650 upgrade - adding a new raid card

    Well crap. Fingers crossed this works out then. I will post results once I get a card here, worse case scenario I can always Ebay it or sell it here if it doesn't work I guess. Thanks for the help.
  2. C

    Need Help - IBM X3650 upgrade - adding a new raid card

    I figure the cable should just reach the port on the PCI-E riser card, it is gonna be damn close. But now I am a bit concerned, you mention if my server supports the card. Is that a big issue? I assumed as long as I have a PCI-E slot for it there should be no compatibility issues, is that...
  3. C

    Need Help - IBM X3650 upgrade - adding a new raid card

    I am also adding a Rackable SE3016 to my system, so I am thinking maybe along the lines of a Adaptec ASR-5445, one slot internal one external should get me where I am going all in one device. There is one on ebay for about $200 right now, unless you can suggest an alternative. Thanks
  4. C

    Need Help - IBM X3650 upgrade - adding a new raid card

    Awesome thanks! And thanks for the advice on the Dimm, did not realize I had to yank it.
  5. C

    Need Help - IBM X3650 upgrade - adding a new raid card

    Hi All, Along time lurker, first time poster. I currently have a IBM x3650, it has 6 sas /sata drive bays, and a Server Raid 8k to host with. Sadly the 8k will not support 3tb hdds. My intention is to add a pci-e raid card and plug the expander into it. I just want to make sure that is...
Back
Top