So I decided to order one 24" and see how it went with the possibility to get 2 more later and turns out I love it!
Haven't had much trouble setting up SoftTH with some of the games I tried, I got it working so far with World of Wacraft, Dirt 3, Dragon's Prophets, Grid 2 demo, War Thunder...
thx for the comment, am starting to head back toward 3 identical too, but 3x30 is way out of my budget. I think I might try 3x24", best buy still has a sale going on with the Dell E2414H for 109.99, same with the unknown brand Insignia 24" at $109.99.
At worst, I'll get one 24", test it a bit...
3 years later, anyone still using this setup?
I started my own thread a couple days ago, trying something close to what the OP did (cheaper thought) using my (2) 5:4 19" acer which have the same height as a 24" and either a 25/26/27" in center. It seems the setup which is closest (not perfect)...
I was able to test on a friend's 27" and 23.6" monitors today.
The 27" monitor has too low PPI, the image displayed is about 3/4" different... no good.
The 23.6" was off too, unless I was to set its resolution to 1680 x 1050 to get the PPI to 89.21 (close to my 19" 86.27PPI). It looks very...
So a while back I bought a couple Acer 19" 5:4 Monitors ($15 each) in the hope of later on use them in a 3 monitor setup (as to me 3x23 or 3x24 is just too wide). I am trying to figure the most important part in matching the center monitor.
The Acers are AL1916CB: 19" 5:4 1280x1024 86.27PPI...