Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.
I am still interested in thoughts on my above post, but I just had something else occur to me.
I might be making this more complicated then it needs to be. Currently, my Server has about 1.2 TB of Storage in 10K SAS Drives. Thinking about it, I cannot see myself using that much for the VM's...
That is a lot of good information, thank you both.
As for why FC, mostly because I already have the parts sitting around. Just ordered the 4 3TB RED Drives from the newegg special on Sunday.
My problem here is the microserver it seems. The N40L is limited to 8GB of RAM so I cannot even...
Hello all,
I just got a new server and am trying to figure out the best way to set it up. Trying to do it properly this time rather then having data spread across all kinds of places.
The Goal here is to have a DIY SAN connected to the server over Fiber where I can dole out space with...
I will have to check into that. SnapRaid could actually work for my purposes.
I just got a lead on a Cisco C3750G cheap, so I might actually be able to use Link Aggregation (802.3ad). Which will give me more options to work with. My server had 2 on-board nics and a 4 port Pci-x Gigabit...
Never heard of Napp-It before., will check it out.
The HP Microserver will most likely be retired. It does not have the drive space or CPU capability to do much anymore. I will be putting WHS on a VM Image.
Ideally, what I will have in the end is the ESXI server and one Lower power...
That is concerning me. The biggest reason I was trying to do it this way is because I have multiple different sized disks, so using Openfiler for RAID is not practical. If I had a SAS Expander or another DAS on the server I would of used that, but as it stands I cannot afford that.
So to...
Let me clarify. The connection to Openfiler will be through the Fiber 4gb HBA link to ESXI. That HBA will be passed wholesale to WHS 2011 which will be running Drive Bender to pool the drives and Starwind to Offer the ISCSI Targets. Ideally the onl Physical Ethernet traffic will be when an...
Alright, lets see what everyone makes of this. I currently have a need to centralize my storage and get some kind of backup plan in place. I do not have a lot of money to poor into it so I am making do with what I currently have, thought if I must get something I can work it out.. I will list...