Recent content by cirerita

  1. C

    Analog gone from my Theatron DTS card (CMedia 8788 chipset)

    Hi, I'm the happy owner of a Theatron DTS soundcard, which carries the infamous CMedia 8788 chip. I've been using this card for quite some time on my old AN7 mobo with no so issues so far. But a few days ago I was playing a BR movie and I tried to send the uncompressed PCM signal via the...
  2. C

    Need a new AGP HDCP-compliant card (not high-end!!!)

    well, I would say playing 720p and 1080p (x264, mkv, wmv, etc) files is akin to being in the HD world, and that I can do with my old rig. I just hate upgrading the hardware if it's not really necessary. I'll try to play decrypted HD-DVDs at 2600mhz. If my good ol' Barton can't, well, then I'll...
  3. C

    Need a new AGP HDCP-compliant card (not high-end!!!)

    hmm, I've been thinking about this and I just don't get it. If the hardware acceleration is enabled in the graphics card, how come my Barton not being SSE2-compliant wouldn't allow it? Where is the relationship? I believe that the drivers just "tell" the card to do some hardware work that it...
  4. C

    WTB: any AGP HDCP-compliant graphics card

    well, there aren't that many anyway. Any x1600 or x1650 would do, I guess. It has to be HDCP-compliant and allow hardware acceleration for 1080p sources. And AGP, of course. send me a pm with your offers!
  5. C

    Need a new AGP HDCP-compliant card (not high-end!!!)

    I read somewhere that HDCP ready and HDCP-compliant **might*** not be the same... meaning that a HDCP ready card might be more limited than a HDCP compliant one. For example, I have an old Sanyo Z2 projector which is HDCP-ready, but as it turns, it was ready for the few HDCP-compliant players...
  6. C

    Need a new AGP HDCP-compliant card (not high-end!!!)

    do you think HDCP ready means it's actually HDCP compliant?
  7. C

    Need a new AGP HDCP-compliant card (not high-end!!!)

    is this one HDCP compliant? http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814102039 http://www.sapphiretech.com/us/products/products_overview.php?gpid=133&grp=2 it says: DVI 1.0 compliant / HDMI interoperable and HDCP ready ** *Specifications are subject to change without notice and may...
  8. C

    Need a new AGP HDCP-compliant card (not high-end!!!)

    the feature movie will be downloaded soon and I'll test it with my current specs before buying the graphics card, of course. If it's a no-go, then there's no sense in buying a new card...
  9. C

    Need a new AGP HDCP-compliant card (not high-end!!!)

    can't upgrade right now, just impossible. well, if hardware acceleration is not possible, then it doesn't matter which card I get as long as it supports HDCP. I'll run the Barton at 2600mhz to test the HD-DVD files to see whether the playback is smooth or not... so the x1600pro is the...
  10. C

    Need a new AGP HDCP-compliant card (not high-end!!!)

    thanks for the suggestion. I've downlodaded the HD-DVD sample from HdBits and it's a bit laggy when played in PowerDVD, but my Radeon 9600 has no hardware acceleration and I was running at 2400mhz only. I can play 1080p avi/mkv/wmv files in my computer at 2575mhz. The CPU load is high, but...
  11. C

    Need a new AGP HDCP-compliant card (not high-end!!!)

    Hi, I have an old Abit An7 with a Barton xp-m 2800+ (running at 2500mhz) and I need to replace my old Radeon 9600. Thing is, the computer is hooked up to an external receiver on the one hand and to a Sanyo Z2 projector on the other. Right now, I'm using the DVI connection and the quality is...
  12. C

    Theatron DTS (with C-Media 8788) - Lots of pictures (56k beware)

    what are you talking about? What is doing what?
  13. C

    Theatron DTS (with C-Media 8788) - Lots of pictures (56k beware)

    The Theatron OPAMPs cannot be upgraded, right? How can that be double-checked?
  14. C

    Theatron DTS (with C-Media 8788) - Lots of pictures (56k beware)

    more info: I converted a 96/24 wav file to 192/24 file with r8brain and it plays fine in Winamp (without resampling) and I definitely can hear the track over the analogue output. I would say that the 192khz output is then ENABLED in the Theatron DTS. I wonder why it's being sold as 96/24...
Back
Top