Recent content by chune

  1. C

    OpenZFS NAS (BSD, Illumos, Linux, OSX, Solaris, Windows + Storage Spaces) with napp-it web-gui

    Gea, is block cloning available on omniOS ZFS pools or is that only in OpenZFS? I have a dataset with a large amount of 200gb+ video dupes I'm trying to deal with. I know conventional wisdom is to never use the dedupe feature. I have been looking into tools like fdupes to hard link large...
  2. C

    OpenZFS NAS (BSD, Illumos, Linux, OSX, Solaris, Windows + Storage Spaces) with napp-it web-gui

    What is the recommended architecture for a real-time replication filesystem that allows for read/write at both locations and coordinates file locking? We have a zfs replication setup and working great for backup, but we are wanting to have a 3rd site now that allows for read/write on the...
  3. C

    OpenZFS NAS (BSD, Illumos, Linux, OSX, Solaris, Windows + Storage Spaces) with napp-it web-gui

    I'm assuming it's something in zpool or zfs list that triggers it since the hard error counter is already 6184 since I last posted. last reboot was 312 days ago. Apr 14 2024 23:43:18.860040354 ereport.io.scsi.cmd.disk.dev.rqs.derr nvlist version: 0 class =...
  4. C

    OpenZFS NAS (BSD, Illumos, Linux, OSX, Solaris, Windows + Storage Spaces) with napp-it web-gui

    Any idea what could be causing all drives to get hard errors incrementing? I know smartmontools can cause soft errors but hard errors seems a little more concerning
  5. C

    OpenZFS NAS (BSD, Illumos, Linux, OSX, Solaris, Windows + Storage Spaces) with napp-it web-gui

    It’s a single zfs filesystem called shares and at the root I have 8 folders for the 8 network drives with folder ACLs locked down to the appropriate AD group for each. I then have group policy map drives to the sub folders. I did it this way so I wouldn’t have to maintain 8 different snap and...
  6. C

    OpenZFS NAS (BSD, Illumos, Linux, OSX, Solaris, Windows + Storage Spaces) with napp-it web-gui

    I have a network drive shared through SMB and not NFS with NBMAND enabled. We are having a problem where people will rename or move a parent directory while files in the subfolder are in use. For whatever reason these locks don't prevent the parent folder from being moved while files are in...
  7. C

    OpenZFS NAS (BSD, Illumos, Linux, OSX, Solaris, Windows + Storage Spaces) with napp-it web-gui

    I have a filer that takes hourly, daily, weekly, monthly and biannual snaps. I have created a replication with all intermediary snaps option but i want to be sure all snaps from the source filesystem are kept. All snaps came over initially, but when i ran the next replication it destroyed...
  8. C

    OpenZFS NAS (BSD, Illumos, Linux, OSX, Solaris, Windows + Storage Spaces) with napp-it web-gui

    I'm trying to setup a replication for an SSD datastore to a HDD datastore. I can run the initial replication task just fine from the GUI but if I try to include all intermediary snaps (-I) the second replication always fails a few mins into it. Is this option well supported? Provided I do...
  9. C

    OpenZFS NAS (BSD, Illumos, Linux, OSX, Solaris, Windows + Storage Spaces) with napp-it web-gui

    I have a ZFS filesystem on a SSD pool that I was manually backing up to a HDD pool using zfs send -I. Unfortunately I forgot about this for awhile and now I no longer have a common base snap to start my incremental replication with. Annoyingly its off by a day, the historical HDD backup pool's...
  10. C

    OpenZFS NAS (BSD, Illumos, Linux, OSX, Solaris, Windows + Storage Spaces) with napp-it web-gui

    rolled back to omnios 036 and updated nappit 20.06a3->21.06a13, updated to omnios 038 (checked webgui working), updated to omnios 046 and we are good! Thanks Gea
  11. C

    OpenZFS NAS (BSD, Illumos, Linux, OSX, Solaris, Windows + Storage Spaces) with napp-it web-gui

    I think I went straight 036->046 so that must have been the issue. I will rollback and try 036->038 first /etc/init.d/napp-it start /etc/init.d/napp-it: line 3: 9975 Killed /var/web-gui/data/tools/httpd/napp-it-mhttpsd -c \*\*.pl -u napp-it -d /var/web-gui/data/wwwroot -p...
  12. C

    OpenZFS NAS (BSD, Illumos, Linux, OSX, Solaris, Windows + Storage Spaces) with napp-it web-gui

    after updating from r151036 to r151046 I am getting a connection refused error when trying to open the nappit webgui. I tried rebooting a few times and that hasn't worked. The shares are still working fine but what is the best way to troubleshoot nappit? Are there new firewall options on...
  13. C

    OpenZFS NAS (BSD, Illumos, Linux, OSX, Solaris, Windows + Storage Spaces) with napp-it web-gui

    Looks like the issue is with with your LSI card if you are getting hardware errors at the hypervisor level. Swap the HBA out with a known good one and pass that through to the VM and you should be able to complete the resilver. Although you said you are using a mix of usb drives and sata?? I...
  14. C

    OpenZFS NAS (BSD, Illumos, Linux, OSX, Solaris, Windows + Storage Spaces) with napp-it web-gui

    I have manually replicated a ZFS filesystem with all intermediary snaps to another host using zfs send. Is there any way to convert this manually replicated zfs filesystem into a scheduled replication using napp-it? Or do i have to start all over?
  15. C

    OpenZFS NAS (BSD, Illumos, Linux, OSX, Solaris, Windows + Storage Spaces) with napp-it web-gui

    If you have a drive fail in a pool that is 80% full then start a resilver operation only to realize you can purge some ancient snaps that free up an additional 40% of the array- will the resilver operation see that dynamically or will it continue to resilver all of the 80% full array and not see...
Back
Top